Sign in to follow this  
qwseyvnd

Why require Dx11 when the code is done by Dx9c ?

Why ? I wont buy a new graphics card when the cody is actually done by Dx9c. I am already migrated to X-plane because it does not require state-of-the-art hardware but just OpenGL 4.2, multicore CPU, no more than 3GB RAM and runs faster in Linux.It does not help a lot with 64-bit and more than 4GB when the CPU and GPU is not so fast as it could be.For example, if the Microsoft Flight uses 8GB but it cannot draw more than what the VRAM has in the 3D. And it depends how the architecture is with the hardware. If the RAM is the biggest bottleneck, so the 64-bit does not help much. Because the 64-bit is 2^64, so it can store MUCH, MUCH bigger instructions.In a Flight Simulator,The OpenGL and OpenCL can be done:physics, clouds, special effects, buildings, AI traffic, environment mapping, shader, lights. All of those can be done in OpenGL and OpenCL.Other in CPU are: load the texture, in and output, webcamera, joystick, external items.

I am already migrated to X-plane because it does not require state-of-the-art hardware but just OpenGL 4.2
HelloEnjoy X-Plane, I am sure there are lots of X-Planers you could chat with down in the XP forums.Shut the door on your way out.

Yup - what he said! Enjoy looking at the mountains!

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

Why ? I wont buy a new graphics card when the cody is actually done by Dx9c. I am already migrated to X-plane because it does not require state-of-the-art hardware but just OpenGL 4.2, multicore CPU, no more than 3GB RAM and runs faster in Linux.It does not help a lot with 64-bit and more than 4GB when the CPU and GPU is not so fast as it could be.For example, if the Microsoft Flight uses 8GB but it cannot draw more than what the VRAM has in the 3D. And it depends how the architecture is with the hardware. If the RAM is the biggest bottleneck, so the 64-bit does not help much. Because the 64-bit is 2^64, so it can store MUCH, MUCH bigger instructions.In a Flight Simulator,The OpenGL and OpenCL can be done:physics, clouds, special effects, buildings, AI traffic, environment mapping, shader, lights. All of those can be done in OpenGL and OpenCL.Other in CPU are: load the texture, in and output, webcamera, joystick, external items.
My only conclusion to this post is that I'm retarded or I cant speak a foreign language. Or maybe both.

Matt Wilson

Sure a lot of personal attacks in this thread.

bla, bla, bla

Matt Wilson

Hello JimDon't worry about him too much, Trolls are not normally the sensitive type

Hello JimDon't worry about him too much, Trolls are not normally the sensitive type
Jim's just mad he didnt get to be the first one to post a sarcastic remark.

Matt Wilson

Thanks, but you were one of the people I was referring to, and I don't consider you a troll.

Thanks, but you were one of the people I was referring to, and I don't consider you a troll.
Hello JimI could not see a personal attack in my reply to him.Only being helpful in directing him to a forum where they may be better equiped to decipher his post.

Shut the door on your way out.
That is very respectful, I'm sure.

That is very respectful, I'm sure.
Hello JimOnly good manners, its cold out there.

Looks like qwseyvnd wandered into the wrong neighborhood, at the wrong time!I sense tension in the air, maybe due to the new kids in town? I think their names are X-Plane and Flight.

Well, mad dog could have said "Don't let the door hit you in butt on the way out", but instead "Shut the door on your way out" was IMO very nicely put.After all the gentleman seemed rather upset with FSX and did make a point he had moved to XPX so why would he come back and rant?Bob Edited by N1G