Sign in to follow this  
B747tebs

Note: This URL has expired.

You guys must be kinding me.Do you really have to buy another item just so you can download an aircraft you already have bought. That's a f****** stupid system.
Well, it is how it is.Plus, $5 isn't bad.

wow, 7 days to download then you get charged?, sounds harsh.
But its also not that hard to just backup or keep copy of the installer either.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

But its also not that hard to just backup or keep copy of the installer either.
This is very true, still seems a bit harsh though, never mind, have a good weekend flying :)

You guys must be kinding me.Do you really have to buy another item just so you can download an aircraft you already have bought. That's a f****** stupid system.
Perhaps you should think about the fact that it's not a non-zero cost for us to serve up unlimited downloads of a 700MB+ file before making comments like this.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Perhaps you should think about the fact that it's not a non-zero cost for us to serve up unlimited downloads of a 700MB+ file before making comments like this.
+1 This is a business after all! Through empirical investigation, one might discover the reasons why PMDG does this. As always, back up your files. It will save a lot of time and hassle. It's sorta of like writing a long essay or dissertation; You should save a copy somewhere else in case the computer decides to 'go on the fritz'. :)

Perhaps you should think about the fact that it's not a non-zero cost
Actually, not a non-zero cost would make it a zero cost -- probably not quite what you meant... :(

Wow, the whole 700MB!!! That's like a lot.*sarcasm mode off*There are a lot of online services which sell digital media, like games, i.e. Steam, GamersGate, GOG, etc., which provide you with unlimited time to download your purchases. And those DLs are way larger than measly 700MB.Yes your revenue is way lesser than Steam or whatever has, but also you have less users, meaning less downloads.Still, thanks at least for customer support thingy, there you can receive a new DL for limited time. But 48h wait time... I imagine how I would be freaked out if I would be about to install a NGX on freshly installed FSX just to find out that I have to wait at least 48h to DL it again (I didn't knew about that 7 day thingy when I bought NGX, it's great that I thought to DL it after the purchase :D). Hello Pirate Bay :D!And yes, a lot of people will say that 5$ isn't much, but hey, that's how money are get :D.If you can't afford server cost, when you should think about P2P or something.

48 hours to get an eds link? Took me 3 the one time I used it, and they were a lot busier with support than I'd expect pmdg to be right now