Sign in to follow this  
Swoop

Forget Alaska, I'd like to see California, L.A. Man!

Do not forget Europe.Like Tom Tom navigators MS should release scenarios for Western, Central and Eastern Europe beside of course USA, Canada, Australia and East Asia with some special pack like Alaska, Kenya and Patagonia to start from.This is at least how I want it to be.

Cali's a good place to sim fly over.Just cos ms did alaska, i don't think it means they could not do california. They had to choose somewhere and nw north america has been pretty popular in the past.California is well covered in fsx - i've got the full state in megascenery, the vero fs tiles, etc. Alaska's got some good scenery in RL which i haven't seen well done in fsx - so looking forward to flying somewhere new.

Oz

xdQCeNi.jpg   puHyX98.jpg

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."

Is this the thread where we all choose that the next FLIGHT scenery area released, should be the area we live in ? :lol:Ok, the plains of Outer Mongolia for me then!Or, after Hawaii and Alaska, maybe somewhere in Europe. :smile:

I'd love to see the land of 10,000 lakes... :unsure:
Ya we always get skipped in FS - they even missed the lift bridge in previous FS series :(

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

While I would enjoy flying over California since that's where I live, I think that a more casual flyer (or someone not familiar with the area) might find it a little boring. Even I do sometimes and I live here! While there are mountains, only the eastern or northern most ones would be impressive while in the air. The coastal mountains are more like "big hills" in a lot of spots. Much of the state is brown and flat. Then you would have a few urban areas covered in urban and suburban sprawl.I'm not saying there's no way it would be fun, but I think there could be other more "exotic" locations that MS Flight might tackle first that would be smaller, more interesting in terms of terrain and scenery, and appeal to a larger global audience.I am eagerly awaiting BlueSkyScenery to get CA re-uploaded, though. I have the central coast (which is very poorly done in stock FSX) and am looking forward to the getting Bay Area (which also has a crappy landclass in stock FSX).