Sign in to follow this  
Dillon

Where's Aloha Stadium?

Just something I noticed when flying around last night. With no 3PD support things like this will go unchecked unless Microsoft fixes them. I wonder how they could forget such a huge landmark.

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

Discussed in at least one other thread...And posted (probably more than once) at the beta forum...

What was the answer to this from Microsoft?

FS2020 

If I remember correctly... nada... nothing... zilch... zip...My guess would be it will be added at some point... just no commitment at this point.

And posted (probably more than once) at the beta forum...
Yep, this was brought up in the beta forum, along with the mothballed ships at Pearl that sit in the bay. Request was made that the stadium and ships be added, but no reply or comment was made by MS on this issue. Perhaps we'll see at least the stadium added one day in an update.No one knows what the future holds for AI traffic, but if nothing else I personally would like to see at least some static aircraft added at the airports, and a few more ships at different locations. I really don't care that much for the road traffic, though I know some really like it, but moving cars and trucks was/is a drain on my FPS in FSX so I never used them. Static a/c and ships aren't a problem though, and give the appearance of a populated world. Hope to see that soon in an update.

Ken

I guess most of the license freedom we've enjoyed in the past won't happen now. Maybe there's some legal issues with replicating Aloha Stadium in Flight. Just like it would be for reproducing any airline logos in the sim. When silences falls on everyone with request like these you can bet it's some legal issue at play more than anything else. The ills of a closed platform hosted by a major corporation.

FS2020 

Just like it would be for reproducing any airline logos in the sim. When silences falls on everyone with request like these you can bet it's some legal issue at play more than anything else.
Oh... I don't know about that... it is good reasoning though yes and very well could be...But there shouldn't be a licensing issue for Aloha Tower or Tripler...My bet (just like with Orbx... I really don't see much difference in that regard, but if there is I would appreciate being clued in... is not Orbx a "closed platform"?) certain things are overlooked... the team is busy with a number of things and it's a question of priorities.

I used to attend high school not far from the stadium. Graduated from Radford H.S., right across from Foster Village, which is about a half mile from da kine stadium. Also not far away is Makalapa Navy Housing, bunch of admirals stay up there.They also do not appear to have included the Aloha Tower, down near Hotel and King St., near the water. They did, however, include the Royal Hawaiian and Hilton hotels in Waikiki. The Hilton is the one with a painting of a rainbow up and down the mauka side. The Iliki Hotel is there, too. Which is locale that was often used back in the old original Hawaii Five Oh days for certain scenes. :Peace: They DID include Keehi Lagoon park, aka "Tables". That's very close to PHNL. The Hickam Officers' Golf Course has also been included. I used to work there.

I used to attend high school not far from the stadium. Graduated from Radford H.S., right across from Foster Village, which is about a half mile from da kine stadium. Also not far away is Makalapa Navy Housing, bunch of admirals stay up there.They also do not appear to have included the Aloha Tower, down near Hotel and King St., near the water. They did, however, include the Royal Hawaiian and Hilton hotels in Waikiki. The Hilton is the one with a painting of a rainbow up and down the mauka side. The Iliki Hotel is there, too. Which is locale that was often used back in the old original Hawaii Five Oh days for certain scenes. :Peace:They DID include Keehi Lagoon park, aka "Tables". That's very close to PHNL. The Hickam Officers' Golf Course has also been included. I used to work there.
Great info!The big question is- did they include the toilet bowl?regards,Joe

The best gift you can give your children is your time.

sigbar.gif

I think many of you will ultimately find this will be a nagging weakness of the closed environment of Flight. In the good ol' days, this could be remedied by 3rd party freeware/payware options. Now, you'll just get crickets.The acceptable tenor in this forum right now is to "enjoy what you have, give it a chance, and hope for the best," which are all fine - more power to it. However, the longer track record would suggest that you may not get remedy for these types of omissions from MS. The omission of these important landmarks does little to destroy the "vibe" and "feel" of MS Flight, and these things are evidently making many happy. High Fidelity does not seem to be the strong point for Flight. It is pretty, there is no denying that.Anyhow, I noticed these missing landmarks too, but there is no point in complaining too much about it here. On the bright side, as a whole, Hawaii has been very well done.

Jeff Bea

I am an avid globetrotter with my trusty Lufthansa B777F, Polar Air Cargo B744F, and Atlas Air B748F.

Great info!The big question is- did they include the toilet bowl?regards,Joe
The inlet to the toilet bowl is there, but I didn't see any "flushing" action... :LMAO: I couldn't quite make out the keyhole at Hanuama Bay...Couple other visible hotels include the Sheraton Waikiki (the large curved hotel next to the Royal Hawaiian) and surprisingly, the Hale Koa, a hotel which was at one time (still is?) exclusively for the miltary. I stayed there on a couple occasions with my wife back in the early 80's.Missing landmarks - besides the obviously missing Aloha Stadium, I was surprised to see that Neil Blaisdell Center was missing as well as the Waikiki Shell Amphitheater. Can anyone point out other available or missing landmarks? I haven't had a lot of time for sightseeing yet.

Ala Moana Shopping Center not there. One of the highest $/SF centers in the entire world. Kam drive in (famous for its swap meets), Haiku stairs and microwave dish (just above where the H-3 freeway emerges on the Kaneohe side of the Koolaus), Sea Life Park (near Makapuu), all would be nice but don't appear to be there. No biggie for me, though. Love the sim (oops, I mean "game").Makapuu and Sandy Beaches look accurate to my eyes. Sand Island looks good. Even Salt Lake, which used to be an actual big lake until the mid 70's, when they decided to turn it into a big golf course. Loved it when it was an actual lake. Now it's just another golf course.

I was a bit surprised to see the YMCA camping cabins near Dillingham that were used for the village in Lost are included.Oh, you can also spot the wreckage of the USS Utah off the north side of Ford Island. It's there, along with the observation pier for the Utah Memorial.

Another significant landmark i Waikiki that is missing is the twin towers of the Hyatt Regency. (Ok I'm a little bias on this one since I'd stayed there, :lol: but it still is an important landmark that's very noticeable on the Waikiki skyline)

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

Another significant landmark i Waikiki that is missing is the twin towers of the Hyatt Regency. (Ok I'm a little bias on this one since I'd stayed there, :lol: but it still is an important landmark that's very noticeable on the Waikiki skyline)
And, The Waikiki Shell and Zoo are not there.
I was a bit surprised to see the YMCA camping cabins near Dillingham that were used for the village in Lost are included.
The beach next to Dillingham is Mokuleia. A very popular spot in the 70's and 80's for beach parties with bands that would bring generators and big tents, set them up and party virtually all night. Some memorable times...