Sign in to follow this  
deltatango

'Planted' AI players joing multiplayer sessions?

I've been flying around with multiplayer enabled and set to 'Public'. People join and leave my session regularly. But I noticed something which seems a bit fishy. The usernames all seem to be similar. A lot of them seem to take the format of <verb><noun><number>. Here's a list I recorded over a couple of hours:FabledCoronet1MupmuckCarefulBirch659PicapinosRationalStatue9SilkassasinsergsanSpringierMeat42RitzierAmoeba31JarringCandy392DaughterRock0bobixboxaPackedAphid34DevilIvan99jonmarlinGanglion1279ole1212BrattyPegasus0StretchPanic844So why is this? Are these real people? Or planted by MS to make mulitplayer seem more populated.PS let me know if one of these is you and I'm just being paranoid!

When you sign up with MSFT you are assigned a "random" username that you can change if you want - these people didn't change their default GamerTag. They are real people :)

You're just being paranoid, as RUSH1169 said these are the gamertags that the signup gives you randomly. My original one was truly awful and to be honest If I hadn't been able to change it I would have thought twice about joining multiplayer games.

My initial gamertag was HardPuppet4015. Xbox uses this format for all new users.I have since changed mine to FreddySteiner.Fred.

I was in the same sesion as you and i saw some of them chating, so i realize that are real peopleFrancisco Candela

Mine is terrible "LandedBox0030" How does one change it?!
Just sign in to your Xbox account and you can change it once for free.Fred.

Can't remember what mine was, but it is Robdotcom71 now... feel free to add me.I would love to be able to fly with humans that can actually fly.. and have paid for dlc, not having a quick spin in the demo to crash into me.....

Yeah I saw Robdotcom, but that seemed too....normal

When you sign up with MSFT you are assigned a "random" username that you can change if you want - these people didn't change their default GamerTag. They are real people :)
How bizarre.I don't have an Xbox. I've been a member for sometime. I don't remember being assigned a random name. At least I can rest assured that these random 'players' aren't some kind of MS conspiracy theory involving bots that join your game for the sole purpose of recording your keystrokes, Flight habits and credit card details. :Whistle:<Takes off tinfoil hat>

Still just goto Xbox.com and sign in with your live account.Click on My AccountThen Click on View Profile under your avatarThen click on edit profile.First item listed is Edit your gamertag.

Still just goto Xbox.com and sign in with your live account.Click on My AccountThen Click on View Profile under your avatarThen click on edit profile.First item listed is Edit your gamertag.
No need to go to xbox.com you can do that ingame.

You're just being paranoid, as RUSH1169 said these are the gamertags that the signup gives you randomly. My original one was truly awful and to be honest If I hadn't been able to change it I would have thought twice about joining multiplayer games.
I was given the name UnshodClod67... There was no way on earth I was ever going online with that Gamertag!I changed it immediately to my own, FCC issued callsign: N4GIX... :LMAO:

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

I was given the name UnshodClod67... There was no way on earth I was ever going online with that Gamertag!I changed it immediately to my own, FCC issued callsign: N4GIX... :LMAO:
LOL, now that is funny, you should have kept it - they probably re-assigned it to some poor soul that does not realize he can change it LOL.

The annoying thing for me is that the letter "I" is disallowed for FAA a/c registration, and the closest example to my FCC callsign is "N4GX" which is assigned to a Gulfstream......I've been asked more than once if that was mine! I wish! :LMAO:

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

My initial gamertag was HardPuppet4015. Xbox uses this format for all new users.I have since changed mine to FreddySteiner.Fred.
i Have to add your new tag i had you as a friend with the old hardpuppet. mine its Holguinerito .

Image removed as image is no longer available.