Sign in to follow this  

Aerocache 'cheat'

I wonder if more of you use the cheat I just used during an aerocache hunt... Earlier on there was an aerocache near a fall and it was hard to get close to, so I landed the Icon on the water and walked all the way up to the cache. But today, when I had a similar located cache, I simply flew full speed towards it in the RV6 and as soon as I had the cache and at the meantime was heading for a wall without an possibility to escape... I pressed M and repositioned myself on the map... :wink:Yesssssss, that's really cheating, isn't it? But it saves a lot of time. Finding the bloody thing took time enough already. :wink:

Yesssssss, that's really cheating, isn't it? But it saves a lot of time. Finding the bloody thing took time enough already
Yes, but I guess many of us have done it, and not only on aerocache hunt's, also on missions and challanges.Thank god its a game.Note:Some aerocaches are meant to be collected on foot.Some aerocaches take a little bit longer to register, so try to keep flying (alive) until it does.

Well while it certainly could be considered "cheating" of sorts, my view is if the game let's you get away with it and you still get your "award", then it is legit until /unless the developer removes that possibility through an update.I will admit on some of the " land on the lake/pond" challenges in the Icon, if speed to fast on the water after landing and it looks like I will run out of room, I lower that gear and let it stop me due to the drag. Probably should not be allowed as nomally that would shear the gear off I would think, but at this time you can get away with it...

I've used M to get closer to an aerocache but I didn't think of using M to avoid hitting a cliff after grabbing a hard to reach aerocache.

Other trick not allowed in real life is the "Speedbrake" on the Icon or RV-6A,When in need. Open the Canopy. That will slow you fast.

Other trick not allowed in real life is the "Speedbrake" on the Icon or RV-6A,When in need. Open the Canopy. That will slow you fast.
Hahaha, good idea!

Nice! I'll have to give that a try. I'm always coming in on approach way too fast in the RV despite the use of decreased RPM, throttle, and maximum flaps.

Nice! I'll have to give that a try. I'm always coming in on approach way too fast in the RV despite the use of decreased RPM, throttle, and maximum flaps.
Now now, c'mon get out there and practice that - once you get the feel it is relatively easy in the RV. :smile:I myself do use the prop rpm to lower it which helps reduce speed.

I myself do use the prop rpm to lower it which helps reduce speed.
Shame%20On%20You.gif (Bad habit, but I already posted this elsewhere. :wink: It may work for you but it's not done in real life this way! During landing you will use full prop.)

Shame%20On%20You.gif (Bad habit, but I already posted this elsewhere. :wink: It may work for you but it's not done in real life this way! During landing you will use full prop.)
I know I know LOL - ok I have at least gotten to where I use it mainly on descent and part of the final approach to help slow down before getting to the threshold I do return it to full rpm... so I a getting better at least :smile:

The reason for landing with full prop is to give you the best chance for survival should something go wrong and you need to abort/go around.regards,Joe

The best gift you can give your children is your time.

sigbar.gif

I know I know LOL - ok I have at least gotten to where I use it mainly on descent and part of the final approach to help slow down before getting to the threshold I do return it to full rpm... so I a getting better at least :smile:
In reality, pulling the prop lever back (low rpm)..............will increase the gliding ability as well as speed, as long as the engine has oil pressure to do so. The effect is quite noticeable.

Try sideslipping, you can drop like a rock going 70mph in the RV once you master that skill :).

That RV is awesome..You can get to aerocaches that I'm sure are really for helos..It can fly in silly places at silly attitudes..I'm hookedbestjake

JAKE EYRE
It's a small step from the sublime to the ridiculous...Napoleon Bonaparte
newSigBetaTeam.gif
lancairuk.jpg