Sign in to follow this  
jwk737

Viewing instruments on remote computer

I am not sure what happened with the above link, but it disappeared from my google docs, so I did put it onhttps://sites.google.com/site/jwk737/home/fsx-spy where you will find the latest version.Johan

Johan,Not possible to make this not only a viewer but also be able to push the buttons on the second PC?Bert Van Bulck

Finally got a chance to test this software.And I really like it. It gives you a flexibility which has not been available before. The functionality for trimming what to broadcast is excellent. Excellent work Johan!!I put some ideas here:

• user selectable fps for each window to broadcast. Some windows are OK with low fps, some would defo benefit from higher fps.
  • function for totally removing window border on client, or get the border down to 1 pixel.
  • functionality for duplicating window to broadcast from. So you can cut out two or more images from one window if you want to. That way you can use one computer as a server computer. Cutting unlimited images from this window, and broadcast. Then there will be no fps loss.
  • Function for autostart of clients when computer starts. Maybe a checkbox for this in client for user to select.

Anyway, this software is by far the most interesting for me the last years. This has great potential.Best regardsIvar Hestnes

>> Not possible to make this not only a viewer but also be able to push the buttons on the second PC?I expected this already :). No, shouldn't be too difficult, I will give it a try.>> Finally got a chance to test this software.>> And I really like it. It gives you a flexibility which has not been available before. The functionality for trimming what>> to broadcast is excellent. Excellent work Johan!!Thanks!>> user selectable fps for each window to broadcast. Some windows are OK with low fps, some would defo>> benefit from higher fps.Yeah, don't know why that disappeared.>> function for totally removing window border on client, or get the border down to 1 pixel.Right click in the viewer? Although there is a bug when starting unframed doesn't hide the inputs initially.>> functionality for duplicating window to broadcast from. So you can cut out two or more images from one>> window if you want to. That way you can use one computer as a server computer. Cutting unlimited images>> from this window, and broadcast. Then there will be no fps loss.Only the selected parts are blitted so it will have a small impact on fps, but this certainly is a nice feature.>> Function for autostart of clients when computer starts. Maybe a checkbox for this in client for user to select.Overlooked that one, haven't really used it myself lately :(.I'll take care of it,Johan

Hi to All,I can't connect the Client to my server. May be a problem with the Port because I use a Router?Thanks for any helpArnaldo

ArnaldoDid you type in the server Computer name in the highlighted field on the client?if not it wont connect for sure.Ivar Hestnes

Hi Ivarthanks for your reply. I insert the Computer name as in my network and I tried also to insert the IP number instead of the name. But no connection.I need to open the port on my router?ThanksArnaldo

Arnaldo, are you sure the url is still intact? It should be something like 'net.tcp://localhost:8328/FsxSpy' where you replace localhost with the name of the machine where the server is running.. Also make sure first, that you can ping the server from the client, if that is ok, the router is fine. I don't think a firewall would be an issue here.HTHJohan

HI JohanI just substitute the highligt part of Url, with my Client name, or IP numberI tried to ping the Server by the Client and everything is OK non errors.I would like to post an image with my error but I don't know how.ThanksArnaldo

Hi Arnaldo.If you replay to this post you have a button "More Reply Options" in the lower right corner. That will give you an attach file option.HTHJohan

Well, this could be a lot of things. The most obvious one being the firewall, but as I said earlier that is very unlikely, assuming:When you first start the server and you are running the firewall, it should have asked whether to allow the server to access the network and made a rule accordingly.You could try:- temporarily turn off the firewall (don't forget to turn it on again!)- run it on the local host first and see if that works for you.Anyway, this certainly looks like a network issue. I'd suggest you find someone nearby that has access to your computer and can help you out.HthJohan

Hi JohanI tried in Local and I have NO problem. Still have problems with client on network: I disabled all Firewall, but with no results.I'll figure out more how to solve the problem.ThanksArnaldo

This is awsome stuff!I had given up on using the NGX for my pit but this is helping alot. Now all that is left is to get some hardware to work with it and i'll be all set.Thanks!