Sign in to follow this  
Speedbird 217

Discovering Alaska Volume 5: CON 132 – SSC to ANC

After a little break I finally got to fly again today. I reinstalled Windows and FS last week on my new HDD and therefore this also was kind of a test flight if everything worked well. There were some technical difficulties (ATC cancelled my IFR flight plan after EVERY single handoff for no apparent reason. On a second short test flight a few minutes ago this was solved, hopefully for good) but all in all it was a nice flight. I also enjoyed my new textures which give my FS a fresh look. Still a lot of work to do though until everything is back to normal...Pictures are all unedited, since the color saturation is a lot better now with REX Overdrive. Repaint is my attempt on N959BP from ConocoPhillips for Ifly 737NG. If you want it, just shoot me a PM and I'll send it to you. Don't expect high quality though, this was my first repaint...Full report: Discovering Alaska Volume 5: CON 132 – SSC to ANCYAFSS_5611.jpgYAFSS_5614.jpgYAFSS_5624.jpgYAFSS_5673.jpgYAFSS_5728.jpgYAFSS_5747.jpgYAFSS_5805.jpg

very enjoyable!!! Deadhorse to PANC is one of my favorite routes and I flew many times on that route because the sky was always colorful during winters!!!I am really surprised that your FSX is showing wrong sky for this flight.Also, I am afraid you were using wrong route from PASC to PANC but does not matter. It is all good fun!!! SmilingAharon

signCopy.jpg

Also, I am afraid you were using wrong route from PASC to PANC but does not matter
What makes you think this route was "wrong"? Usually there is no "right route" for a flight as they always depend on weather and other external influences. The route comes from a reliable flight planning software that gives me great results most of the time. If you take a look at flightaware.com or other sources you will find that there are indeed different routings flown on the flights from Deadhorse to Anchorage every flight. But you're right, it's a nice flight in a very remote part of the world.
what a shame that you used the ifly737, IMHO you should try the ngx!
I'm afraid I can't fly the NGX in my FS9. This is all unedited FS9, but it seems my fresh installation really worked wonders if you guys think it's FSX :(

HelloHard to use the NGX in FS9 though, In my opinion the i-fly looks great, and I have both the NGX and i-fly.

Terrific atmosphere again, Max, and your choice of ride is okay with me! :(

John G.

Terrific atmosphere again, Max, and your choice of ride is okay with me!
Thanks for the kind words, John! And I guess you will be happy to hear then that my next 3 flights will be on the NG as well. :(