Sign in to follow this  
IAF747

Blueskyscenery, Texas vs default FSX bland scenery

Id rather have GEX and Autogen thanks, Photoscenery is just awful without autogen placement.

Thanks for the HDs up on this one Daniel. I'm downloading as I type. Years ago in my hang gliding days, there was, or is, a place called Cerro Gordo near Bishop in the Sierra Nevada desert. It was one of those truly awesome flying areas that had almost become mythical to us young UK pilots and something we could only read about. I never managed to get there, although it was always on the cards, but now, it just happens I have found the exact place!! It looks like I will, after all these years, be able to go and fly the area after all. I shall drag out the Discus and take to the air for some thermalling. They are truly big files, but I'll try just the Bishop area to start with and see how I get on from there. Thanks again :Peace:EDIT: Check this out guys...1942012_3_15_13_57_45_792.jpg

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

ok, some comparison shots.fsx with utx & gex
Thanks Oliver! Did you notice much difference between FSX vanilla and GEX + UTX?I think the standard FSX textures are soooo bland, even more than FS9!!
Thanks for the HDs up on this one Daniel. I'm downloading as I type.
Yes I was flying the Huey close to the ground and loved every second of it. I will avoid the standard FSX scenery from now on, it is awful. When I get some money together I am going to donate to Blueskyscenery too.
Id rather have GEX and Autogen thanks, Photoscenery is just awful without autogen placement.
Simon do you like to touch the trees?

Simon, that is just the point, there are areas where you don't need autogen, like the desert and mountain areas. In fact once you get above a couple of thousand feet it becomes a waste of resources. I'm like you, for GA flying in areas with trees and urban sprawl, I wouldn't even entertain photoscenery, but it certainly has it's place, it's just knowing when to use it I guess.

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke

I PURCHASED the entire state of California photo textures from MegaScenery. Apart from the special 'SoCal' package, which is very, VERY high res, the FREE BlueSky scenery looks better!!!!!

I PURCHASED the entire state of California photo textures from MegaScenery. Apart from the special 'SoCal' package, which is very, VERY high res, the FREE BlueSky scenery looks better!!!!!
Yeah, I got hold of the So Cal scenery too. You're right, it is really very Hi Res.

Howard

I'm one of those flyers that prefer photoscenery and I recently acquired simsavvy's 50cm scenery for the whole of the USA. The quality does vary from state to state and there's no night lights and limited water masking but at its best it is breathtaking. California is particularly good, not done a direct comparison with Bluesky ( which I used to use before simsavvy came along) but I think simsavvy is an improvement and the fact that I can now fly coast to coast across the whole of America looking at a real world view out of the window is something I never thought I'd see!

I'm one of those flyers that prefer photoscenery and I recently acquired simsavvy's 50cm scenery for the whole of the USA. The quality does vary from state to state and there's no night lights and limited water masking but at its best it is breathtaking. California is particularly good, not done a direct comparison with Bluesky ( which I used to use before simsavvy came along) but I think simsavvy is an improvement and the fact that I can now fly coast to coast across the whole of America looking at a real world view out of the window is something I never thought I'd see!
Thanks Soppie, I think I want simsavvy now. Is it still available?

Yep. After some difficulties caused at least in part by a hike in the cost of disk drives, sim savvy is selling again. You can find out more on their website: sim-savvy.com

Yep. After some difficulties caused at least in part by a hike in the cost of disk drives, sim savvy is selling again. You can find out more on their website: sim-savvy.com
Thanks!

If that is not much then I am sure you can do the autogen yourself.I've seen great autogen too, but where I have seen it is in PAYWARE products........
Yea payware is the way to go.. No I just fly but amazed at what talented people in the flight sim community can do. I bet there is already a way to include autogen with photoscenery. I mean the airports have buildings over the photos. I wonder if that might be a great product to design. Photoscenery with at least some sort of believable autogen and night lighting.Does anyone know if this exists?

Yea payware is the way to go.. No I just fly but amazed at what talented people in the flight sim community can do. I bet there is already a way to include autogen with photoscenery. I mean the airports have buildings over the photos.I wonder if that might be a great product to design. Photoscenery with at least some sort of believable autogen and night lighting.Does anyone know if this exists?
Check out Aerosoft's/Limesim's stuff. Has autogen. But due to the huge cost of it they won't do night scenery. They have some awesome VFR Germany scenery http://www.limesim.com/products/fsx/antarcticax/index.htmlAnd also the UK VFR scenery is ONLY photographic. You need to go to Earth Simulations to buy the autogen separately...... http://earthsimulations.com/volume1_south-2.htmlI'll refer you to a post on aerosoft's forums.This will basically answer your question. Unless you have enough money to pay for the work to be done by yourself (or someone to sponsor you while YOU do it), it is a pipedream at this stage.http://forum.aerosof...__fromsearch__1

Check out Aerosoft's/Limesim's stuff. Has autogen. But due to the huge cost of it they won't do night scenery.I'll refer you to a post on aerosoft's forums.This will basically answer your question. Unless you have enough money to pay for the work to be done by yourself (or someone to sponsor you while YOU do it), it is a pipedream at this stage.http://forum.aerosof...__fromsearch__1
Yea some companies are providing the hard drive with the scenery because the files are so large. With terabytes of data being common anymore I think that hurdle could be overcome. I see people paying hundreds and hunderds of dollars for stuff so who knows. Thanks for the link that looks fantastic and what I was talking about. Also the comparison shots really show the differences.

Brand new: A couple of shots of upcoming Tex-Mex sceneries that we're currently working on:TX1.jpgTX2.jpgTX3.jpgYou will never get this kind of view from generic landclass based scenery.

Wow! That looks great. Any time frame on that Gottfried?