Sign in to follow this  
Flight Sim Geek

Boeing 757 for FSX?

H all, I am going to purchase a Boeing 757 for FSX this afternoon! I want to know the pros and cons of the CS 757 and the QW 757. I have the CS 767 and I really like it! I want to know which one has the most realistic FDE.All feedback welcomeAaron G.

I have both.Much as I love the crisp textures of the CS version, the QW 757 is by far, way the better addon. Although considered light in systems depth compared to say the PMDG737NG, what systems are simulated are OUTSTANDING!The QW support is also nothing short of OUTSTANDING!EDIT: The sounds are also brilliant by the way!

I have both.Much as I love the crisp textures of the CS version, the QW 757 is by far, way the better addon. Although considered light in systems depth compared to say the PMDG737NG, what systems are simulated are OUTSTANDING!The QW support is also nothing short of OUTSTANDING!EDIT: The sounds are also brilliant by the way!
Is the QW FDE is realistic?Aaron G.

I agree with Dougal, and for exactly the same reasons. While I was flying it, I found the QW 757 a much more pleasant experience. The systems were deep enough for me (getting back into airliners after a break of several years), and it looks pretty good. The CS version looks great, but I could never come to terms with flying it, and I found their documentation a bit hard to get through. QualityWings does have great support, too.

Guest firehawk44

I would check out the Unofficial CS Forum here on AVSIM first to get feedback from other users. I enjoyed the aircraft but it's in the hangar now as I am enjoying PMDG and ifly's latest 737's.Best regards,Jim

I would check out the Unofficial CS Forum here on AVSIM first to get feedback from other users. I enjoyed the aircraft but it's in the hangar now as I am enjoying PMDG and ifly's latest 737's. Best regards, Jim
Ok, I will also post this on the CS Forum here at AVSIM.Aaron G.

Guest firehawk44

Ok, I will also post this on the CS Forum here at AVSIM.Aaron G.
Okay, but not too many people visit that forum unless they have an issue. That's why I recommended it as you'll see what problems others encountered with this aircraft. I think the latest version is very well done.Best regards,Jim

Is the QW FDE is realistic?Aaron G.
Sorry Aaron, but not being a 757 pilot, i can't really answer that.All I can tell you about the FDE is that it FEELS better than my CS version. I do still fly the CS version from time to time as I LOVE the visuals. If it's visuals that floats your boat, then the CS version WILL NOT disappoint you.If its overall quality and FDE that does it, then I'd say the QW version WILL NOT disappoint you;-)

Sorry Aaron, but not being a 757 pilot, i can't really answer that.All I can tell you about the FDE is that it FEELS better than my CS version. I do still fly the CS version from time to time as I LOVE the visuals. If it's visuals that floats your boat, then the CS version WILL NOT disappoint you.If its overall quality and FDE that does it, then I'd say the QW version WILL NOT disappoint you;-)
QW 757 it is! Thanks all for your input!Aaron G.

Go have fun with it Aaron.You won't regret the purchase. Even if you do get any problems, the QW team are usually super fast at responding to questions on their support forum.EDIT: Hey Ernie, I'll claim commission later :(