Sign in to follow this  
SpiritFlyer

AVSIM Teamspeak Opinion Poll (FSX Users Only)

AVSIM Teamspeak Opinion Poll (FSX Users Only)  

179 members have voted

1. 1. For FSX users only. Which flight simulator do you fly the most in?

• FS9
    • FSX
    • MS Flight
    • X-Plane 9
    • X-Plane 10
    • Other
    • I fly FSX plus one or more other flight simulator platforms
  2. 2. For FSX users only. Which flight simulator do you fly second most in?

• FS9
    • MS Flight
    • X-Plane 9
    • X-Plane 10
    • Other
    • I do not fly more than one flight simulator
  3. 3. For FSX users only. Which flight simulator do you fly third most in?

• FS9
    • MS Flight
    • X-Plane 9
    • X-Plane 10
    • Other
    • I do not fly in three simulators.
  4. 4. For FSX users only. You fly in multiplayer sessions what percentage of the time?

• 0-25%
    • 26-50%
    • 51-75%
    • 76-100%
    • I do not fly in multiplayer
  5. 5. For FSX users only. I fly multiplayer utilizing:

• in-game multiplayer
    • 3rd party dedicated server, non ATC
    • FS-Host
    • Online ATC
    • Other
    • I said, I do not fly in multiplayer!
  6. 6. For FSX users only. I fly high and fast (primarily IFR, with stricter type procedures)

• 0-25%
    • 26-50%
    • 51-75%
    • 76-100%
    • I usually do not fly high and fast
  7. 7. For FSX users only. I fly low and slow (mostly Bush VFR with relaxed type procedures)

• 0-25%
    • 26-50%
    • 51-75%
    • 76-100%
    • I usually do not fly low and slow.
  8. 8. For FSX users only. I presently belong to, or fly with:

• a virtual airline
    • a virtual airline plus online ATC
    • online ATC
    • a live flight simulator audio channel (like Teamspeak)
    • a live flight simulator audio channel (like Teamspeak) plus online ATC
    • Other
    • No one! I usually fly alone and keep my own company.
  9. 9. For FSX users only. I am interested in participating in live Teamspeak chat and multiplayer sessions:

• for low and slow VHR (strict procedures)
    • for low and slow VHR (more relaxed procedures)
    • for high and fast IFR
    • for two of the above three options
    • Other
    • None of the above
  10. 10. For FSX users only. I may be interested in participating in the AVSIM Teamspeak programs for:

• Occasional informal social interaction with other members.
    • Scheduled Teamspeak multiplayer sessions.
    • Teamspeak get-togethers for AVSIM subgroup members.
    • Aviation simulation related and other instructional sessions.
    • Other
    • All of the above.
    • None of the above.
  11. 11. For FSX users only. I am interested in participating either as an instructor or student in instructional Teamspeak sessions regarding:

• IFR procedures and instrumentation
    • VFR procedures and instrumentation
    • Computer hardware for flight simulation
    • Flight simulation software and tweaks
    • Other
    • All of the Above
    • None of the Above
  12. 12. For FSX users only. Please rate your thoughts about AVSIM introducing and organizing a live Teamspeak service for its members. How many points would you give the idea with 10 being the highest, and 1 the lowest.

• 10 - means you are intrigued, enthusiastic and probably willing to help.
    • 1 - means you think it is a stupid idea and a complete waste of your time.

AVSIM Teamspeak Opinion PollAs I am sure many of you are aware AVSIM has embarked upon providing a Teamspeak Service for its members. We have teamed up with the Digital Theme Park Teamspeak organization to provide state of the art access and benefits. For instance, they operate two reliable online servers for FSX users that operate 24/7/365 that are offset timewise for broader coverage of different time zones.You can download and install Teamspeak using the instructions found here:http://dl.dropbox.com/u/26864035/Teamspeak%20Setup_v2.pdfWe need your help. We could go off half cocked and shoot ourselves in the foot because we fail to understand what you are, and are not, interested in. So we have assembled a series of 12 questions in a poll that we hope each of you will take part in. Please answer all the questions for each Flight simulator you personally operate and fly in. Please do not participate in any similar poll found in a forum supporting a flight simulator you do not use. For instance if you fly only in FS9, please do not fill out any other poll except the one found in the FS9 forum. However, if you fly with more than one flight simulation platform, for instance both FS9 and MS Flight, please participate in the poll for each. There are separate polls for users of FS9, FSX, MS Flight, X-Plane 9 and X-Plane 10. Remember, only participate in the polls found within the forums of the Flight Simulations you use. Pick the answers that best describes your hobby.Thanks for the new AVSIM Teamspeak management team that is going to work hard to bring some or all of those things you decide would be beneficial to your flight simulation experience and enjoyment.We want your comments! Please don't just vote and run away. Share what you think and give your suggestions!

Thank you very much Stephen! I encourage users to become active in the Team-Speak community and to join us through our endeavors in the Flight Simulation world. :(

Great Poll; always good to canvass for views :( .... I filled my views in on the poll.I personally would like to see:-1). Clearer instructions on exactly what 'the experience' is. At the moment, all info on this exciting new venture is about the TeamSpeak facility, but I think we need to see and know more about how the on line experience works at AVSIM. Eg; How do people connect in their flight sim?, (not just on TeamSpeak), How does it all work? What rules govern the experience? .... I know you offered to kindly connect with me and talk me through it Stephen but my suggestion here is that more up-front information on the experience will help people to get involved and understand what this experience is all about. People will want to know that upfront I think. Will the experience feel like VATSIM? ... Will I be yelled at by "the authorities" for breaking a 'rule', or will this be more of an open 'bed' of multi-flight, where we're all flying in the virtual world, doing our thing, but without prescribed conditions and rules ......... in my experience both can be good! .... so that's not a loaded question :smile:2). Oh dear, I used Numbers, like 1) and 2) but then wrote all my thought in para 1). :( !I appreciate you are (by the very virtue of this survey) taking a 'blue sky' approach to this (no pun intended), and asking what people want, but the nature of people I believe means that to reel them in at the offset, you'll need to give a bit more info on the wide form of what this experience will be.Sorry for the waffle!Cheers.

Hi SpiritFlyer, I don't see options for Prepar3D in the poll?Many are starting to jump on board with it often using it alongside FSX.ThanksDave

Hi SpiritFlyer, I don't see options for Prepar3D in the poll?Many are starting to jump on board with it often using it alongside FSX.
Good point. We will treat "other" as most likely referring to the LM Prepar3D, along with a minority of other sims.

For me, "other" means combat flight sims. With combat flight sims, teamspeak is the norm and I use it most days even if not "flying" I'll just say hello and hear what's going on with the guys.

For civ simming I haven't used TS but I can say as a community spot to "hang out" it's extremely effective.

What is Teamspeak?

Bruce

Bruce Bartlett

Frodo: "I wish none of this had happened." Gandalf: "So do all who live to see such times, but that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."