Sign in to follow this  
FS737Pilot

Fuel Flow doesn't increase with reverse thrust

Has anyone else noticed that even with max reverse thrust, the fuel flow remains at the same level as idle thrust. Anyone know why?mitch bowman

Has anyone else noticed that even with max reverse thrust, the fuel flow remains at the same level as idle thrust. Anyone know why?mitch bowman
Damn,I haven't noticed that to date Mitch......if you're right (and I'm going to conduct a check on this myself soon) Good Catch! (Assuming that in r/w ops ff increases with rev thrust ratios).Rgds,

i7 8770K @ 4.7Ghz + Corsair H100i GTX  Water Cooler - 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000Mhz - NVidia RTX 2070 XC 8Gb - ACER X34 Predator IPS GSYNC 3440x1440 Monitor - ASUS ROG STRIX Z370H - 2 x Samsung SSD Pro 512Gb  - 1 x Samsung EVO 1Tb - Win 10 Pro 64  21H2 - MSFS

"All in, all the time"

Steve Summers

You are right! I Never noticed that. Hard to believe they missed something like that.. unless that is the way it is in real world.

Ken Ehlers
F70

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

You are right! I Never noticed that. Hard to believe they missed something like that.. unless that is the way it is in real world.
I can't imagine that with full reverse thrust at over 70% N1, the fuel flow doesn't increase at least a little.mitch Bowman

The fuel flow goes to a fixed value, it was observed already months ago.I sent a ticket time ago to the support, and it seems that it is a limit of FSX, it is how the team created a compromise to have good engine performance.So, no fix for that.

Regards

Andrea Daviero

Yes, not much of a game changer for me either.

Ken Ehlers
F70

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Hi,you're right boys me too have noticed that but I forgot to give a message on this forum...another strange engine behaviour is on takeoff: you know CFM56 specific fuel flow in ground takeoff ISA condition and level sea is about 0,37 kg per kg of thr (or, if you prefer 0,37 lbs per lb thr.) so at 26300 lbs about 9750-9800 lb/h =4400kg/h and less at de-rate takeoff that is precisely simulated till 70-80 kts than a strange thing happens at that point, if I remember well firstly ff go a little down than increases abruptly till 5500-5800 kg/h like as a sort of big amount of additional air (not being changed nor the N2 neither the outside conditions) were sucked into the engine...but that is impossible and also considering the "ram air effect" (more speed=more air into the intake=more fuel to mantain the air/fuel ratio and of course the turbine inlet temp so the N2) it couldn't be explained...Best RegardsAndrea Buono

You're looking at fuel flow as you apply reverse thrust?I'm impressed. I'm happy to keep in on the runway :)

Paul Skol

You're looking at fuel flow as you apply reverse thrust?I'm impressed. I'm happy to keep in on the runway :)
i wanted to say that as well :)

Antoine v Heck
---
Ryzen 5800X3D, 32Gb DDR4 RAM@1600 Mhz, RTX3090 (24GB VRAM). 2TB SSD - VR with Quest 2 via link cable 

If it can't be fixed, then of course it's not a big deal. I was jsut wondering what the reason was, I guess we've got our answer!thanksmitch bowman

i wanted to say that as well :)
I think I was once when I was seeing what N1 was reached at max reverse thrust, and i think thats when i noticed it.mitch bowman

If it can't be fixed, then of course it's not a big deal. I was jsut wondering what the reason was, I guess we've got our answer!thanksWhy it shouln't be fixed? If others planes have a fuel flow during reverse operation that is corrected it can be fixed so I'm sure the staff will fix it in next future pack.CiaoAndrea Buono