Sign in to follow this  
janpitor

NGX, AS2012, FS2CREW, Prepar 3D

That is very clear and unambiguous.
And yet in no way conflicting with what I said. I never said you should use NGX with P3D, and I never said it will always work.

That is simply not correct. Read the stickies again.That is very clear and unambiguous.
This just in... nobody cares. Seriously, I think we've all had enough. If you can't help the OP with his question, just cruise on by.

This just in... nobody cares. Seriously, I think we've all had enough. If you can't help the OP with his question, just cruise on by.
Oddly enough, the OP asked about using NGX within P3D, and I answered that there is no legal way to do so, and let them know where to look for independent confirmation of my opinion. Plenty of people before and since have mentioned that it might be technically possible in various ways but none have actually used the word piracy. Remind me please how you contributed to solving his problem?

He asked if it would work. He didn't solicit yet another amature eula lawyer to chime in on the 'legality' of using a product he paid for. These forums are run through with this redundant silliness. Please give it a rest, thank you.

In your language, because the OP was asking how to do something, you think the only replies he should have got were ones that told him how to do it, and not ones that told him what he was attempting was wrong?You can call me amateur, but I think you are being immature. Had you actually read the EULA that you agreed to when you bought and subsequently upgraded the product, you would know why. Go and read it now. It is on your hard disk in <FSX_location>PMDGPMDG 737 NGXREADME_PMDG_737-800-900_NGX.txt.Read section 1( :(. You will find that it says

This software is for use only with the retail version of Microsoft Flight Simulator X. You may not use this software on any platform other than Microsoft Flight Simulator X.
You have already agreed to it and so has the OP.(edit - removed draft text posted accidentally)

P3D with these add ons works flawlesslyits as smooth as silki dont understand why there is such an apprehension with switching over to P3D - it is FSX on steroids without stutterspmdg should truly reconsider supporting p3d for home/student userp3d is the future of our simulation communityjust my opinion

Bo Klop

You have already agreed to it and so has the OP.
Just wondering can you see this EULA before purchasing the product? Because what do you do if you don't agree, you can't return it because they have a no refund policy. Just wondering :)

Paul, nobody is arguing the facts. We're (ok maybe just me) are sick of this debate in every p3d related thread. Everyone knows the issues, the companies have made their positions known, and now everyone is free to make thair choices. What is clear is that the forum police care much more deeply about this eula issue than the companies involved.

Sorry gmohr, but yes we are argueing facts. Posters on this thread including Danial and Fabo are under the impression that running NGX on P3D is somehow OK. Like you, they do not seem to be aware of the fact that it is explicitly against PMDG's wishes and contravenes the EULA that they have agreed to.If you (or they) are having difficulty understanding why PMDG are so dead set against it, considering that P3D is an improved version of FSX in almost all respects, then forget your own wishes for a moment and think about this one thought: Lockeed Martin do not make games. They make commercial software for commercial training purposes and PMDG have absolutly no wish to be involved in an accident investigation where someone says "thats the way it worked in the sim".

I have no intention of flying a real 737 anytime soon, nor crashing one and hitting flight sim companies with a lawsuit. As a result I'd not lose any sleep over running this addon in P3D (although I dont have P3D). I'm sure all the companies are very happy to have you looking out for their legal departments though. You should definitely get all hall monitor badge. Enjoy debating this further if you wish, I'm finally just done with it.

Sorry gmohr, but yes we are argueing facts. Posters on this thread including Danial and Fabo are under the impression that running NGX on P3D is somehow OK. Like you, they do not seem to be aware of the fact that it is explicitly against PMDG's wishes and contravenes the EULA that they have agreed to.
ARE. YOU. I TRIED TO USE A PROFANITY HERE - AREN'T I STUPID!ING. STUPID.I told you three times already I was not telling it was okay, or that he should do it, or that he is supposed to do it.Instead, I pointed out that he would loose all eligibility for any support. Why do you think I should mention that, other than the NGX is not made to be used on P3D?

If you (or they) are having difficulty understanding why PMDG are so dead set against it, considering that P3D is an improved version of FSX in almost all respects, then forget your own wishes for a moment and think about this one thought: Lockeed Martin do not make games. They make commercial software for commercial training purposes and PMDG have absolutly no wish to be involved in an accident investigation where someone says "thats the way it worked in the sim".
As said above by yourself or gmohr, this EULA passage is intended to keep anybody off suing PMDG. An example: The NGX in its version offered in the PMDG store is made for people like you, me and many others that like to fly a commercial airliner on their HOME pc without, or even with, an ATPL. :( Now there is somebody, lets say a flight student, who is using P3D to prepare himself for a typerating or ATPL exam or whatever. Unfortunately there happened an accident, after which the former student tries to sue PMDG because he trained a particular maneuver with the NGX and P3D, but it turned out that it doesn't work in the real thing (if this is possible Just%20Kidding.gif ).This is why there is this EULA passage. I hope I made my point. I didn't endorse the violation of the EULA in any way. I just meant that someone like you and me could use it for our simming purpose.

it is FSX on steroids without stutters
There is no proof or truth to that at all. I have heard some say their performance is worse with the prepar3d.

did anybody notice, active sky 2012, is causing a stuttering? thanks.
It is the weather injection most likely. Best way to fix it is use DCW option. I found this with ASX.

We're (ok maybe just me) are sick of this debate in every p3d related thread.
+1!beside this I would advice anybody outside USA to check their EULA laws. So this EULA is not worth a penny here in germany ...And furthermore, read this announcement from Tom:http://forum.avsim.net/topic/359308-important-please-read-eula-notice/
This will also be posted in the MS FLIGHT Forum.Armchair and wannabe lawyers pay attention to what follows...There comes a time when speculation, rumors, innuendo and allegations do harm. Wannabe lawyers who have endlessly dragged the subject of the EULA provided by MS to Lockheed through every perturbation of "expert" opinion, can congratulate themselves. You have succeeded in putting people, careers and products at risk.I have been contacted by sources that do know the facts, and the consequences of the BS occurring in these forums. It is time to cease and desist.I am asking all the MODS here to be alert to any further discussion of the so called EULA and shut down the topic immediately. Continued posting of any aspect or proximity to the subject of the EULA will result in the removal of posting privileges here.So, folks, it is time to bring the damaging speculation to an end.

Guenter Steiner
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Betatester for: A2A, LORBY, FSR-Pillow Tester
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------