Sign in to follow this  
Ed van de Vijver

PMDG reputation

Just wanted to share with you: I booked a full motion 737 sim session for next week. Just the fact that I have over 300 hours on the PMDG 737NGX gave them enough confidence to let me fly without instructor!!Just a short briefing to get used to the yoke and pedal pressure and a real cockpit should be enough, they stated.The only thing I worry about now is that I don't like to fly the PMDG anymore after the full motion sim experience.. Keep you posted.

Ask them do do a V1 cut at high gross weight in hot temps and as wee to do an IMC approach on manual reversion. That should provide some entertinment for you! Have fun in the I'm!JackZcolwill

Ask them do do a V1 cut at high gross weight in hot temps and as wee to do an IMC approach on manual reversion. That should provide some entertinment for you! Have fun in the I'm!JackZcolwill
Thanks for the tip, but I wasn't planning on doing a rodeo in my first full motion sim session.

Lol. Well whatever you do I am sure you will have a blast. I still find the sim doesnt "feel" like the real thing but it works.JackColwill

Where are these sims located in the U.S.? I currently am nowhere near being able to afford it, but maybe one day....

I don't know about the US, but the costs over here (Netherlands) are quite reasonable I pay for a one hour session (simtime) 209 Euro

I don't know about the US, but the costs over here (Netherlands) are quite reasonable I pay for a one hour session (simtime) 209 Euro
Well anyone living in the US, specifically in California can fly a 737 simulator for the cost of a intro flight on a cessna! http://www.flightdec.../boeing737.html30 Minute Flight $8960 Minute Flight $14990 Minute Flight $199I don't think its full motion, most likely not but its still a sweet deal...at least I think. I'm planning to go once I know how to fly the NGX good enough. Either way this should be good info as I thought there was no simulators in the US that would actually be open to the public AND close by. If you of any others in California, let me know.

Where are these sims located in the U.S.? I currently am nowhere near being able to afford it, but maybe one day....
Well anyone living in the US, specifically in California can fly a 737 simulator for the cost of a intro flight on a cessna! http://www.flightdec.../boeing737.html30 Minute Flight $8960 Minute Flight $14990 Minute Flight $199I don't think its full motion, most likely not but its still a sweet deal...at least I think. I'm planning to go once I know how to fly the NGX good enough. Either way this should be good info as I thought there was no simulators in the US that would actually be open to the public AND close by. If you of any others in California, let me know. I can try to find for Chicago if that's where you are at.

...........I don't think its full motion, most likely not but its still a sweet deal...at least I think.
According to the FAQ of this site no full motion: Do the simulators move?Answer: Like most military simulators, ours are stationary because it's not possible to replicate the G- forces a pilot pulls during a typical mission.Poor excuse in my opinion

I think that is fantastic that PMDG's rep carries that much clout. I'd love to hear about your comparisions between the real life motion simulator vs the NGX after your session is over.

Milton Kuser - KDFW

The only thing I worry about now is that I don't like to fly the PMDG anymore after the full motion sim experience.. Keep you posted.
On the contrary: You'll appreciate you're NGX more! At least I did...

___________________________________________________________________________________

Zachary Waddell -- Caravan Driver --

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/zwaddell

Avsim ToS

Avsim Screenshot Rules

Hey Ed,Where is that sim based in The Netherlands?Bert Van Bulck

I'm looking forward to hearing about your experience. Please don't leave out any details. :(

Hey Ed,Where is that sim based in The Netherlands?Bert Van Bulck
Lelystad.http://www.simcenter.nlsee

I'm looking forward to hearing about your experience. Please don't leave out any details. :(
I will keep you all posted. My son will take pictures and video, so I can share it all with you. :(