Sign in to follow this  
JokersWild

Exterior Enhancement Pack 2: preview pics

So this enhancement pack will apply to all liveries, because he changes the exterior model slightly?!
Kind of, yeah. You could kind of say that.

So this enhancement pack will apply to all liveries, because he changes the exterior model slightly?! :(
The best description of bump mapping I found is that they "simulate the impression of a detailed 3D surface by modifying the shading as if the surface had lots of small angles, rather than being completely flat.".They do work with any livery. I provided instructions on where to place them in the readme file. If you're interested in trying them out to see what they do, my earlier versions are in the Avsim library: -700 versionhttp://library.avsim.net/download.php?DLID=166924-800 versionhttp://library.avsim.net/download.php?DLID=166978As far as the dirt goes, I can add the default weathering to the spec files. This will make existing dirt less glossy than with my first set.

Chris Hicks

I need to do some tweaking to the tail section and the bump maps will be finished, then I'll move on to the specs once again!Here are a few before and after shots with the default maps on top and the newest set belowbumpba01.jpgbumpba03.jpgbumpba05.jpgbumpba02.jpgbumpba04.jpgrivet shotsfsx2012-04-0116-06-05-67.jpgfsx2012-04-0116-10-33-62.jpg

Chris Hicks

Great work Chris'One thing I did notice thoug, and even forgot myself at first, the window on the Captain's side can not be opened from the outside, so there shouldn't be a handle to do so. (the two halve rectangles with white text directly below the window).

Thomas: True that. I actually corrected it for my "flagship" repaint, but promptly forgot about it... Shame on me.

If possible, when adding dirt and wear- please make another livery option (I.e. WarriorOneNew & WarriorOneUsed) so that the option to fly a brand-spanking new Renton release remains....... Ta!

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper

Great work Chris'One thing I did notice thoug, and even forgot myself at first, the window on the Captain's side can not be opened from the outside, so there shouldn't be a handle to do so. (the two halve rectangles with white text directly below the window).
I'll get that taken care of, Thomas. Thanks for pointing it out. Carl, that's my plan. I favor the clean models too, so I'll definitely keep the option available.

Chris Hicks

Thank you, Henry!

Yes, I'll include an extra file for liveries with airstairs. That's on my agenda for this morning, actually.

Chris Hicks

Really nice work, love the detail. Fitting match for the detail of the NGX

Thank you for the hard work

Mark Zanzig

Excellent work Mr. Hicks. This time you've actually nailed it!!!

Regards,

Martin Martinov / VATSIM 1207931

Is there anyway to make the landing gear (all tires and front rim) new too? also the engine exhaust (just asking)?

PMDG-777-EK-SIG-MAY1713-2_zps6f2ed2be.pn

Chidiebere Anyahara

Smasher,

Those items aren't included in the paint kit, but I am trying to modify the existing textures as much as I can. I've been able to darken the outer walls of the tires without losing the detail, and I've altered the exhaust on the Southwest paint to make it brighter and the effect isn't TOO terrible. BUT, that is achieved on the diffuse textures and I don't include those in the enhancement packs. It would have to be part of a repaint.

Henry, I've got the airstair texture finished also.

Chris Hicks