Sign in to follow this  
TKent

Why am I CRAWLING to my cruise altitude? (screenshot attached)

Yes, don't use FSINN weather. Use AS2012 or FS default. I recommend AS2012
I'll look into AS2012, thank you.

Best regards, happy flying,

Wallace

Typical flow in the 737 is to take off, gear up, retract flaps on schedule. When the PF calls "Flaps Up" the PM will move the gear handle to off (plus a number of other things). Have a look through the FCOMs that came with the NGX, especially the Normal Procedures section.

Steve Caffey

I can't completely see from the picture because of its size, but apart from the gear being down causing drag. Other issues are, you appear to be extremely heavy fuel wise, trying to climb in lvl change at 300kts at 29000 ft, (you should be on standard pressure by then) at that level you should be ref your speed as a Mach, and unlikely to achieve a good rate of climb at that weight with that speed, the rate will be low in lvl change as the aircraft is attempting to speed up.

That's a good point, above Transition Altitude (18,000 feet in the US, varies in the rest of the world) you should click "STD" on the altimiter knob to set standard pressure.Also, how do you have that much fuel? That seems to be more than the NG is capable of carrying. Where on earth are you going with that much fuel?

Steve Caffey

Guest dlrk

That's not such a massive amount of fuel. It can carry around 45k lb of fuel. A flight across the transcontinental US could take that much fuel with headwinds, and an alternate, even more if delay were expected.

Also I noticed you've got your engine de-ice on, that wont help the situation. Turn it off, your at 29000 ft you dont need it on anymore.

your at 29000 ft you dont need it on anymore.
That is in no way related to altitude, but... yeah, no clouds there at this time, no point in having AI on.re: gear lever - I just flick it to off when doing after TO flows/checklist, that is after stabilized on normal climb on departure route, that is, clean wing, speed 250 or by SID, on track. Works well for me.

Tell that to the AirFrance A330 that crashed into the Atlantic ocean. They were at FL390 I think.

Alexis Mefano

Also, your altimeter has not been reset to STD (required after Transition Altitude), yoiur autobrakes arre still in RTO (select off after takeoff). I'm also guessing your engine start mode switches are still in CONT. Find a good checklist for takeoff, climb, cruise, descent, approach, and landing.

Dennis Trawick

Screen Shot Forum Rules

AVSIMSignature_zpsed110b13.jpg

Or get FS2Crew and have someone do it for you! Much better IMO

Alexis Mefano

For those wondering about all that fuel, it WAS a fairly long flight, KBOS-LFVP. But I had about 8,000 lb. too much, probably; total burn was 29,000 lb. - and would have been less if I'd retracted the gear from the start!Tom Kent

I wonder how the Gear Down situation affects the pressurization? It is sealed from the interior of the aircraft? If so, there would be no problem leaving the gear down up to cruise level, except for the loud noise right
Gear down flights are sometimes conducted when there is a problem with the landing gear extension/retraction mechanism. Typically these flights are restricted to around FL280 due to performance (and of course, no pax on board!)

I'll look into AS2012, thank you.
Or wait a little longer for REX essentials to be released. Might be a game changer.

Or wait a little longer for REX essentials to be released. Might be a game changer.
I will check that out as well. I have always wanted REX so this may be for me.

Best regards, happy flying,

Wallace

Oops, don't mind me and the fuel question. I seem to have mis-read that picture. That's what I get for posting in the early hours.

Steve Caffey