Sign in to follow this  
jordanal

FA Audio - After 'Thanks' -> 'You Bet..." Replies through Headset

All FA audio is heard through my main speakers, just as the FO during preflight (as it should be - assuming FA's don't wear headsets while in the cockpit). But, after I acknowledge the service delivered with 'Thanks', the FA audio "You bet ..." is only heard through my headset.Bryan, this minor nuance has been around for a while across multiple editions of FS2Crew. Would you please force the final piece of FA audio through the main cockpit sound, just like the rest of the FA conversation? Thanks again.My main audio = Creative SB Titanium 5.1Headset = Plaintronics USB

Regards,
Al Jordan | KCAE

Just to Clarify the findings on my system after a quick test (I don't usually call the FA, nor do I normally use external speakers.)1. Use the FA to call the Flight Attendant.2. "Hello" sound comes from main speakers.3. Speak "One Coffee Please" through mic.4. FA say "You Bet, I'll be up in just a minute" - sound comes from main speakers.5. There's a knock on the Door and the FA Enters, "Here you go Guys" - sound comes from headset.6. Speak "Thank You" though mic7. FA Says "Sure Anytime" sound comes from main speakers.My initial though was that it may of been a geographical issue being the FA is down the back of the plane and should come through the main speakers, then when he enters the cockpit that he would come through the headset.All that works fine right up until the very last saying "Sure Anytime" where he is still inside the cockpit but he's voice is heard like its on the Intercom at the back of the plane.I hope this helps.Cheers

5. There's a knock on the Door and the FA Enters, "Here you go Guys" - sound comes from headset.
Hi James,You're not still using the SP1 beta by chance are you?Make sure you're using the public release version."Here you go guys" when the FA brings in the food/drinks should definitely come through the speakers not headset in the public release version.I'm now looking at the code now in fact.Cheers,

BryanI'm having some of these problems with sound too, after SP1. As I am using "Button Control" version, I posted in the forum for it. But it is more or less reported by Adam: sometimes I do not listen because the sound is directed to the HS, even I did not using one. Sometimes there is no sound even clicking on the HS button. Anyway, I tried to explain in my post in another forum.For me the previous version was more stable in this item.But it is an excellent program, Bryan! Congratulations and thank you very much.

Best regards

Cristiano Mueller

Not sure if it helps, but the only change I made is that I'm no longer using the "right rear" audio channel for select conversations that involve the FA being in the cockpit.I'm now using "Right Surround" for these ones.I'm not sure what your audio hardware setup is like, but maybe that help you.Again,check your audio hardware setup.Cheers,

Not sure if it helps, but the only change I made is that I'm no longer using the "right rear" audio channel for select conversations that involve the FA being in the cockpit.I'm now using "Right Surround" for these ones.I'm not sure what your audio hardware setup is like, but maybe that help you.Again,check your audio hardware setup.Cheers,
BryanPlease forget and forgive me. It was a hardware problem. The right rear channel was not being played. So I could not hear the answers.Problem solved.I've just done a wonderful flight. Everything was perfect.Thanks again for your help and for the wonderful addon.

Best regards

Cristiano Mueller

Glad you got it sorted! You had me scratching my head there!Cheers,
Sorry, that was not the intention ... heheheheHere in Brazil is 0:30, and I'm going to sleep with that smile of joy. Fantastic program! I do not know how I could live without it until now.Thank you, Bryan.

Best regards

Cristiano Mueller

Hi Bryan,I am using the Public Release, I never tried it in the Beta version.Will try it again and let you know if it happens again.I'm using on board sound and a Logitech G35 Headset in 7.1 surround sound.Will try 5,1 maybe that's the reason .. ?Anyways, will advise.Thanks

Just to Clarify the findings on my system after a quick test (I don't usually call the FA, nor do I normally use external speakers.)1. Use the FA to call the Flight Attendant.2. "Hello" sound comes from main speakers.3. Speak "One Coffee Please" through mic.4. FA say "You Bet, I'll be up in just a minute" - sound comes from main speakers.5. There's a knock on the Door and the FA Enters, "Here you go Guys" - sound comes from headset.6. Speak "Thank You" though mic7. FA Says "Sure Anytime" sound comes from main speakers.My initial though was that it may of been a geographical issue being the FA is down the back of the plane and should come through the main speakers, then when he enters the cockpit that he would come through the headset.All that works fine right up until the very last saying "Sure Anytime" where he is still inside the cockpit but he's voice is heard like its on the Intercom at the back of the plane.I hope this helps.Cheers
Ah, great post. As I said, this is not only an issue of the NGX but something I've noted across versions, but haven't bothered to mention it until now. I stand a bit corrected in that, steps 1 through 6 all come from my main 5.1 Creative SB Titanium PCIe speakers. It is only after I say, "Thanks", the verbage in step 7 comes throgh my right headset using a USB Plantronics Headset/mic. Now if you think about it, the only FA verbage you would expect to be in the right headset is step 4, becuase you are on the phone with FA making your request, correct?FWIW, the headset is the chosen audio devise in the FS2Crew config panel and the HS button is pushed.Now, I have a thought - is it possible the audio devices setup in the FSX config could have an affect on the FS2Crew audio playback? I think I have the FSX main and comms audio devices in FSX set to 'default' - but you can hard hard-set these to the actual device names as well. Could that make difference?I dont' have any kind weird audio setup and as I indicated, steps 1 through 6 comes out the main speakers. No biggie really, just something I've noted over time.

Regards,
Al Jordan | KCAE

I also have this strange behavior with pc speaker and headset in combination.In the beginning of the FO flow, I hear him on the speakers. When calling the first checklist, he is on the headset.Also the FA, first on the speaker, then on the headset.I tried several Hardware Setup combination, but I could not get them on the headset all the time.I would like to have every communication on my headset, when I activate the HS button. Will this be possible ?

I would like to have every communication on my headset, when I activate the HS button. Will this be possible ?
Anything is possible... but the logic is when the FA, etc., enters the cockpit to tell you that the plane is ready for pushback, you wouldn't hear her in real life through your headset.You'd talk to her directly.Same thing when the FO comes back from a walkaround and says his walkaround is done... you won't communicate via a headset, you'd speak directly.Cheers,

Anything is possible... but the logic is when the FA, etc., enters the cockpit to tell you that the plane is ready for pushback, you wouldn't hear her in real life through your headset.You'd talk to her directly.Same thing when the FO comes back from a walkaround and says his walkaround is done... you won't communicate via a headset, you'd speak directly.Cheers,
Bryan is right.

Hmm.. OK, that sounds logical. So I have to lower the cockpit sound on my headset I think, because when the FO turns on the fans, I hardly can hear when the Ramp Agent is providing the loadsheet, or the FA asking for boarding. ;)Or maybe just putting the headset on a littlebit later.