Sign in to follow this  
Eraser74

Taxi and Landing Light not illuminating ground properly after SP1c

Hi!Never had this problem before, but the taxi and landing lights are barely visible on the ground and it seems this problem came after installing SP1c.Anybody with an idea what to do?

Here is a picture of the problem. Both were taken at dawn.389352_10150761400686690_585376689_12040335_219951131_n.jpg539826_10150761401076690_585376689_12040341_650031857_n.jpgAnd here is the MD11 at exactly the same time of day:522149_10150761406606690_585376689_12040366_744702454_n.jpg562454_10150761406751690_585376689_12040367_161852525_n.jpg

Im having the same problem here... extremly low lighting, this makes it pretty hard to fly night time flights...Any way to improve the lighting?

Niklas Eriksson

Hi!Never had this problem before, but the taxi and landing lights are barely visible on the ground and it seems this problem came after installing SP1c.Anybody with an idea what to do?
Im having the same problem here... extremly low lighting, this makes it pretty hard to fly night time flights...Any way to improve the lighting?
Guys;please take a look at this Tabs' post:http://forum.avsim.n...y/#entry2110490I hope this helps.

Best regards

Cristiano Mueller

Oh, If i interpret that post correctly we´ll just have to live with it?...Is there any addons that will fix this? I know there is shockwave light addon but that only fixes the "way the light lights up the aircraft and such in external view right?

Niklas Eriksson

Oh, If i interpret that post correctly we´ll just have to live with it?...Is there any addons that will fix this? I know there is shockwave light addon but that only fixes the "way the light lights up the aircraft and such in external view right?
I do not know if there is any addon that can "fix it". But to me the Tabs' explanation is plausible: sometimes traveling by car, it's dark enough to disrupt the vision, but not for the lights to illuminate the road.

Best regards

Cristiano Mueller

But my problem is that when its almost "pitch"black in fsx so that you hardly can see the taxiway... then the light should illuminate things... but no... no sign of even having the light on...

Niklas Eriksson

Shockwave...

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

Shockwave...

Does shockwave lights help illuminate things outside the airplane when in VC?

Niklas Eriksson

I had it before SP 1c. Some liveries nothing, some variants nothing, others yes. In the dark, nothing to do with time of day.

Does shockwave lights help illuminate things outside the airplane when in VC?

Hi Niklas, yes. Shockwave lights are great. The only problem I have found is that there is no way of reducing the brightness and that is one of the issues some people have with it. However, I actually like the bright lights on the NGX, but not so much on some of my other AC.

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke

I actually have shockwave lights for another plane, is it the same installation for ngx or is it another product? And is there an installation guide for the ngx?

Niklas Eriksson

I actually have shockwave lights for another plane, is it the same installation for ngx or is it another product? And is there an installation guide for the ngx?

No installation guide. Once you have Shockwave installed, it's just a matter of copying a few lines of code into the aircraft's cfg.

Howard