Sign in to follow this  
razorhog703

Radio Tuning in Flight

Instead of using Text Chat in Multiplayer Mode, you can tune the radio, for example to the CTAF, 122.8, and talk over your microphone (PTT is the Tab key). Any other user who has tuned the radio to the same frequency can hear you, and talk back.

Best regards.

Luis

Um, Luis...

TAB is "all players"

CTRL-TAB is "everyone on the same COM frequency"

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Instead of using Text Chat in Multiplayer Mode, you can tune the radio, for example to the CTAF, 122.8, and talk over your microphone (PTT is the Tab key). Any other user who has tuned the radio to the same frequency can hear you, and talk back.

Best regards.

Luis

THAT is too cool! That is more like real radio communication than texting for sure.

I have a Saitek pro flight headset. Can't wait to start using it.

headset_product.png

n4gix is right, you have to use CTRL+TAB to talk on the radio. You can reassign that from within the game, though, no CFG spelunking required!

Personally I remapped that to my stick because pressing CTRL+TAB is no easy feat for me while flying. No idea what happens if you're in a P51 or Zero though, but I suspect it uses either the default frequency of 119.7 or it keeps whatever your previous aircraft was set to.

yeah I finally got out my Saitek X52 controllers and remapped the comm to buttons on them instead. CTRL TAB is clunky.

lol i bet it looks funny when i am changing radios as my plane will pitch wildly. I have made more than one passenger sick that way. :)

Hey, that happens to some people in real llife too :).

Hey, that happens to some people in real llife too :).

Aviate, then Navigate, then Communicate. :Waiting:

Um, Luis...

:LMAO: You know what they say about getting old, Bill, memory is the first thing to go. The second is... hmm, I forget. Just%20Kidding.gif

Best regards.

Luis

Ok guys, sorry if this has already been discussed but do you have any idea why radio communication between me and my friend is not working in multiplayer? Our ports are open, we talk over Skype perfectly, fly next to each other perfectly, but when we use in game radio, it just doesn't work. We tried some random frequencies to no avail. Is there a list of working frequencies perhaps? If not, i haven't got a clue why isn't it working. I know that Skype is perfect but using the a/c radio would be so cool and i'm kinda bummed i can't get it to work.

Perhaps, if any of you has 5 minutes to spare, you can add me as a friend so i can test it with someone else, other than my friend. For all i know, it could be that something is wrong on his behalf, so it would make it easier for me to determine what is the problem.

Appreciate it and thanks in advance to any volunteers :)

My gamertag is "Turbofolkrolla"

Cheers

I understand it as such... you both have to be on the correct frequencies and press ctrl tab to talk privately on that frequency. Otherwise, tuning the radios means nothing other than practice for the serious simmer. This is because your voice will be broadcast over all frequencies when you press tab only.

If I am wrong please correct me.

razorhog703

I understand it as such... you both have to be on the correct frequencies and press ctrl tab to talk privately on that frequency. Otherwise, tuning the radios means nothing other than practice for the serious simmer. This is because your voice will be broadcast over all frequencies when you press tab only.

If I am wrong please correct me.

razorhog703

Of course, me and my friend were testing several frequencies but we always used the same frequency at the same time. It didn't work for us. I have no idea why though.

Cheers

Maybe check your game options to make sure that you are using the correct mic and speakers configuration. Check the volume levels as well.

When your friend presses [Tab] are you seeing his name in the bottom left corner of the screen.

FYI: I have found that I will not see my name appear when I am transmitting (hopefully no slip-ups occur lol)

Hi;

I am not a member but was just trying to get some pointers on how to use the radio in Microsoft Flight. FYI Saitek does make a radio stack that just connects by USB.  I have not purchased one so I can't comment beyond that.  Hope that helps and thanks for the tips.

Mel

This might help!! And welcome to the forums!

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/380559-complete-vor-tutorial/

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5