Sign in to follow this  
drumsonly2002

DX-11 Mean better frame rates?

In brief, DX 9 vs DX 11, what will DX 11 improve? Thank you. To the coders of P3D, keep up the great work! P3D is the future.

its to early to guess what dx11 will be like in P3D as no information has been released so we could only guess what it might be like.

Paul

-Paul-

Just bolting DX11 functions onto the existing engine would potentially offer better eye-candy at minimal FPS impact for owners of DX11 capable cards.

What would be the holy grail is actually allowing the old engine to offload more of the rendering to the GPU, reducing the load on the CPU, which would certainly improve overall performance.

Whether or not this is actually achievable is beyond me! I am sure there are a bunch of clever people at Lockheed Martin working on it, but DX11 support on its own is certainly not a guarantee of a stutter-free 60FPS at KSEA with all sliders at max.

I imagine a performance panacea is beyond the ken of the FSX engine, but I am sure some significant improvements can be made; watch this space...

This about sums it up... Pay particular attention at the demonstration at 42 seconds.

ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-E GAMING / i9-9900k @ 4.7 all cores w/ NOCTUA NH-D15S / 2080ti / 32GB G.Skill 3200 RIPJAWS / 1TB Evo SSD / 500GB Evo SSD /  2x 3TB HDD / CORSAIR CRYSTAL 570X / IPSG 850W 80+ PLATINUM / Dual 4k Monitors 

Somebody can correct me if I'm wrong but a DX11 platform will break compatibility with all existing addons, a patch for all existing addons or new DX11 compatible addons will be needed if you want to use DX11, it's the same right now between DX9 and DX10 addons, some are not DX10 compatible, plane with white skin just to take this one for example.

Here is the question to ask all FSX 3PD developers, "If a patch is needed will it be free?".

Somebody can correct me if I'm wrong but a DX11 platform will break compatibility with all existing addons, a patch for all existing addons or new DX11 compatible addons will be needed if you want to use DX11, it's the same right now between DX9 and DX10 addons, some are not DX10 compatible, plane with white skin just to take this one for example.

Here is the question to ask all FSX 3PD developers, "If a patch is needed will it be free?".

This is correct. The MDL10 format uses DX9 and 10, but no support for 11, so either a conversion tool will need to be offered, or a new exporter for developers to re-export their models. I'd guess we will likely just be given a new exporter.

Brandon Filer