Sign in to follow this  
Pilot267

NGX & AI Traffic

I'm running NGX really smooth with all the typical add-ons, however, the on thing that starts killing my FPS is when I run Ultimate Traffic2. I hate flying into empty airports!

Any suggestions?

I'm running NGX really smooth with all the typical add-ons, however, the on thing that starts killing my FPS is when I run Ultimate Traffic2. I hate flying into empty airports!

Any suggestions?

UT2 works great for me. I have comercial set to 100%. I turn off GA traffic, and the moving jetway option, and it has been pretty rock solid for a year now. Try these options to see if it gets better. At some really dense airports, things will lag a tiny bit, but not anything that detracts from the experience.

- John

try reducing the traffic level in ultimate traffic

Wayne such

Asus Hero Z690, Galax 3080 TI, I712700K, Kraken x72 CPU Cooled, 64 GIGS Corsair DDR5, 32 Inch 4K 

UT2 uses FSX models whereas World Of AI use the FS9 variants which are FAR harder on your system. So if UT2 is causing performance issues, I wouldn't be looking towards World Of AI.

Personally I run a mix of UT2 aircraft and all the freeware available including World Of AI but I wouldn't have it any other way. The AI gives FS life, I would never run without it. Your best option then is what johndrago mentioned or reducing your ai percentage.

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

Thanks for all the great suggestion everyone. I spent some time yesterday dowloading World of AI and quite a number of airline packages for it and I could not be happier. In the past, I had tried reducing the UT2 traffic level, but was never able to get it quite right. It was always either too much or too little. With World of AI, I have to say that I see no noticeable hit on frames, and I just did a short test flight this morning from KSEA to KBFI, and what did I see taxing at KBFI while I was landing at KBFI but a 737BBJ. One of the packages I installed. I hadn't noticed one yesterday when I flew into a few airports, but I final saw one exactly where one would expect to, Boeing Field!

Thanks again for all the suggestions.