Sign in to follow this  
19AB67

URGENT: FSX crash in right lower corner

Hi folks,

with SP1b and now also with SP1c the FSX enervatingly crashes after 80% of the 737 NGX flights, means it hangs (only the top left quarter is visible, but content is partially missing) in the lower right corner, and I have to terminate it via the task manager. (If and only if the exit window shows up

1. Why is that? What can I do?

My machine is an Intel® Core™ i5-2500 CPU @3.30 3.30 GHz with 16GB RAM, Windows 7 64bit, AMD Radeon HD6900.

2. Looking in the forum before posting I find via the Google site search in top right corner e.g. the following link below, but to now avail, since I get 404 Not found. Obviously the discussion is too old.

====

FSX crashes when exit. - PMDG 737NGX - The AVSIM Forums ...

Aug 5, 2011 ... FSX crashes when exit. - posted in PMDG ... I have it too! Are you guys getting the FSX window in the lower rightcorner saying NO TITLE?

forum.avsim.net/topic/341694-fsx-crashes-when.../page__st__25

====

3. Would it be possible to list the fix (if any is available) in a pinned FAQ?

Thanx in advance,

Andreas

Andreas Berg
pmdg_j41_banner.jpgpmdg_trijet.jpg

PMDG 737NGX -- PMDG J41 -- PMDG 77L/77F/77W -- PMDG B744 -- i7 8700K PC1151 12MB 3.7GHz -- Corsair Cooling H100X -- DDR4 16GB TridentZ -- MSI Z370 Tomahawk -- MSI RTX2080 DUKE 8G OC -- SSD 500GB M.2 -- Thermaltake 550W --

Probably a very stupid question: but why does it matter when FSX crashes on exit? I mean, if FSX doesn't crash on exit, or if it does, it's the same thing. You want FSX to stop, and that's what it does, but then with a crash. If FSX would crash in mid flight when you don't want it to exit, then yes, I can understand the problem. But if FSX crashes on exit, why would that matter if you want to close FSX anyway?

Thanx, but sorrily there is no solution described, is it?

Probably a very stupid question: but why does it matter when FSX crashes on exit? I mean, if FSX doesn't crash on exit, or if it does, it's the same thing. You want FSX to stop, and that's what it does, but then with a crash. If FSX would crash in mid flight when you don't want it to exit, then yes, I can understand the problem. But if FSX crashes on exit, why would that matter if you want to close FSX anyway?

Arjen,

and if it takes 10 seconds more to terminate it, it is 10s too many.

FSX crashes also during flight (have to reduce the AI traffic again) or changing the 737NGX model and other reasons.

It is not stable for crying out loud!

Thanx for your support. Still waiting for the solution, since there some people, to whom it does not occur.

Andreas

Andreas Berg

PMDG 737NGX -- PMDG J41 -- PMDG 77L/77F/77W -- PMDG B744 -- i7 8700K PC1151 12MB 3.7GHz -- Corsair Cooling H100X -- DDR4 16GB TridentZ -- MSI Z370 Tomahawk -- MSI RTX2080 DUKE 8G OC -- SSD 500GB M.2 -- Thermaltake 550W --

Thanx, but sorrily there is no solution described, is it?

Sorry I don't know, I was just fixing the link for you :)

I have had this problem for a very long time (not just with the NGX) and I too just ignore it.

Noah Bryant

I never quit FSX with the NGX still running. Try this:

When you're ready to get out of FSX, select "End Flight" from the "Flight" menu and confirm you want to end the flight. In the next window that appears, simply click the "X" (close window), and confirm that you want to exit FSX.

Works 100% of the time for me -- never a CTD.

- Jev McKee, AVSIM member since 2006.
Specs: i7-2600K oc to 4.7GHz, 8GB, GTX580-1.5GB, 512GB SSD, Saitek Pro Flight Yoke System, FSX-Acceleration 

Arjen it does matter. Especially because of the annoying "Windows is searching for a solution" dialog box. Oh well, I don't get this problem anyway.

Arjen it does matter. Especially because of the annoying "Windows is searching for a solution" dialog box. Oh well, I don't get this problem anyway.

just click on the cancel on the windows seaching for windows error

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Well, I have had this problem in the past, occasionally. There were a few things that I used, that could cause the problem.

Try to:

- Disable ENB Series if you're using

- Disable any FPS limiter

- Get a tweaked fsx.CFG from www.venetubo.com/fsx.html.

Well, I have had this problem in the past, occasionally. There were a few things that I used, that could cause the problem.

Try to:

- Disable ENB Series if you're using

- Disable any FPS limiter

- Get a tweaked fsx.CFG from www.venetubo.com/fsx.html.

Hi Arjen,

excuse me: What is ENB?

And: Disable FPS limiter: Ok, but that is exactly what venetubo suggests...

Andreas

Andreas Berg

You know, if it ever hangs, right click the task bar (the blank part of the bar where the start button is), and select task manger. Instead of using the Applications tab, use Processes and find FSX.exe. Select it with a single click, click the End Process button, click yes in the box that warns you (that disabling certain processes can make the system unstable - you want FSX to stop anyway).

Done and back to normal.

Kyle Rodgers

excuse me: What is ENB?

And: Disable FPS limiter: Ok, but that is exactly what venetubo suggests...

Andreas,

1. Your question regarding ENB: It's a video enhancer, that can be optimised for more impressive contrasts and colours in games. (http://enbdev.com/download_en.htm). Good for screen shots but I de-activated it because I wanted to get rid of everything which could stress the memory use of FSX in combination with the NGX series.

2. It seems that not all FPS limiter are working well. I'm using the one suggested by venetubo occasionally and it works fine for me.

Probably you might look for the settings of your video driver even if I did not have issues with mine (should be the same piece of SW).

BTW, does your FSX correctly log your flights with NGX?

Are you able to change to a (simple!) aircraft?

What happens when you're leaving the sim from flights with other planes?

Do you have messages in the Windows Eventlog pointing towards FSX or one of its components?

Regards,
Axel

Hi Axel,

1. yep, fsx logs correctly the NGX flights.

2. yep, I can change to simple aircraft,

3. simple aircraft allow leaving the sim without crash.

4. no messages.

Andreas

Andreas Berg

In this case I suggest to open a Ticket. I guess the PMDG's supporters will likely suggest to you a clean new install of their bird. I've had some strange effects in the past as well and got rid of such after following their instructions.

Regards,
Axel