Sign in to follow this  
Nathan3219

Captain Sim 757 2D and 3D Interior Model w/ Freeware 767 Exterior Model?

Hi all... I have the 757 Captain and I spent lots of hours flying it... I love it! Though being wrapped up in Air Hauler, I realized that a 767 would be a very good freighter aircraft to bring to my company.

So what i was wondering is if there was a way to get a freeware 767 exterior model and import the 757 cockpit model into one plane, because both of the CS planes are very similar when it comes to the virtual cockpit and the avionics. The only thing that really stands out as a difference is the exterior model and the flight dynamics. So if anybody could help me find out how to put the 757 cockpit into a 767 exterior model, it would be much appreciated. :)

My regards,

Nathan3219

Why not just get the CS767 or better still the LevelD 767 and have a proper sim.

Why not just get the CS767 or better still the LevelD 767 and have a proper sim.

Well, the CS767 is almost the same thing as the CS757, except with different flight dynamics and exterior model, and I don't want to spend $50 on something very similar to what I already have.

Well, the CS767 is almost the same thing as the CS757, except with different flight dynamics and exterior model, and I don't want to spend $50 on something very similar to what I already have.

The 767 has a different VC and cockpit lighting than the 757 as well. You could wait to purchase it when they do another blowout sale for 9.99 euros.

By merging you would also have issue's with the FMC like incorrect weights.

You could wait to purchase it when they do another blowout sale for 9.99 euros.

Thats what I did, great deal but still a waste for me. It's nice but it's no LevelD.

Thats what I did, great deal but still a waste for me. It's nice but it's no LevelD.

Agreed. I have uninstalled all of my Captain Sim purchases except for their latest 737-200. For me, this possibly will be my last purchase from them unless they produce something special. I am not expecting a PMDG NGX level of detail with this aircraft, but if they hit the Wilco 737 Evolution level of detail, albeit with their better visuals, I will be plenty happy. So far things are looking pretty good with the .09 version, and they have already claimed this will be their best 1.0 release to date.

The 767 has a different VC and cockpit lighting than the 757 as well. You could wait to purchase it when they do another blowout sale for 9.99 euros.

Thanks, I guess I'll just wait for one of their sales.

By merging you would also have issue's with the FMC like incorrect weights.

True... very true indeed. I never thought of that. So I'm just going to skip the whole idea of merging two planes, and look at some of the new payware airliners out. Thanks for everyone's help.

It will not work as CS had protected the cockpits and exterior models against merging.

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

How exactly is LD767 "better" than CS's?

Edited, as it might have sounded aggressive to some people.

CASE: Custom ALU 5.3L CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4060 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11

How exactly is LD767 "better" than CS's? The sound is hideous, the model is bad compared to the great CS models, the panels look very old and very low resolution, the FMC cannot be operated in 3D, there's no descent forecast page among other things... Unless you're talking about flight dynamics, which i don't know much about since i'm not a 767 captain, i don't see anything better about LD767... even systems wise.

CS's 757 is known to have issues, even in the latest version if much improved, now the 767 is another plane completely.

Off the top of my head, the Level D is my preference because:

1. It has an SDK

2. FS2Crew voice support (and one of the best versions of FS2Crew to date)

3. Angle of Attack training (only very realistic aircraft have received training products from them)

4. First Officer callouts

5. Ground crew interactions

6. Failures are modeled

7. EPR ratings are functional and correct

8. All engine versions are accurately modeled

9. All flight instruments are tied to their respective power busses and IRS

10. Better VNAV performance

11. Better autoland

12. Much better clickspot/knob interaction

13. Cabin temperature logic

14. More realistic flap deployment speed

15. Better load manager

16. Cabin pressurization is accurate

17. Better framerates

18. Multiple voice sets for pilots and ground crew

19. More "realistic" feeling flight dynamics (one of the nicest hand-flying airliners for FSX

20. FS9 and FSX support

Off the top of my head, the Level D is my preference because:

7. EPR ratings are functional and correct

9. All flight instruments are tied to their respective power busses and IRS

10. Better VNAV performance

12. Much better clickspot/knob interaction

14. More realistic flap deployment speed

19. More "realistic" feeling flight dynamics (one of the nicest hand-flying airliners for FSX)

These are important to me. Thanks for clarifying.

CASE: Custom ALU 5.3L CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4060 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11

These are important to me. Thanks for clarifying.

No problem. I do wish that the Level D 767 would get a "refresh" to bring it up to the visual potentials we see today with the newer releases. The Level D is certainly showing its age visually.

Yeah, wouldn't mind either.

It will not work as CS had protected the cockpits and exterior models against merging.

Really? I just successfully merged the CS727 VC with the recently released freeware FSX native Tu-145B2 model and it worked perfectly.

It will not work with the 757 and 767...

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0