Sign in to follow this  
razorhog703

Lanai to Hana in Leerjet

Completed the same flight that I usually fly in the RV in Flight using the Leerjet in FSX. The fun factor was not there as I zoomed around the islands. This got me to thinking about everyone's desire to have jets brought into Flight. As long as the plan stays to create small areas of operation there should not be any jets designed. I felt before that the fun might increase as speed increases, but the idea of going from top to bottom of the island chain in an hour or less seems pointless. The only plus side to jets would be that you can carry more passengers faster.

I think a jet might make more sense in AK, but you are right, HI would get boring quick.

That would be nice, but I'd rather have a Learjet myself... :Peace:

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

It comes down to personal preference, i guess. I would love to see jets at some point being introduced in Flight but i agree i would probably never fly only over HI islands. For now, i am dreaming about some cool twin engine turbo props with at least 8 passengers capacity :)

Cheers

Indeed, all I ever fly in FSX is jets, and for me I am having an incredible amount of fun with Flight and these small aircraft.

I would like to see a jet available sometime soon, where it makes sense and for those that really want it - but I myself am quite ok with these smaller aircraft for now.

Don't make this a topic.

"...there should not be any jets designed..." was the dumbest comment I've read in this forum.

There is plenty room for every taste. Even for cockpit-less P51's.

There is plenty room for every taste. Even for cockpit-less P51's.

Amen to that!!

I just want a twin, any twin... piston, turboprop, jet, whatever. Heck, even twin liquid-fueled rockets... I just want to play with the dual-throttles on my new G940. :good:

Well, so long as it's got a cockpit, I guess.

At least when it comes to Hawai'i, defining a "jet" and usability isn't always out of line. Though I have only flown it maybe 10 times, the Cessna Mustang is a nice little jet to get from one end of the islands to the other at a (not too) quick pace. Flying from Lana'i to Hana? Wayyy too quick of a pace.

As I have stated I like Flight as a game, I wish it had TURBOPROPS like a King Air 350 (even made my own well formed thread/poll about it) and as for the largest proposed aircraft I suggested an ATR-72-500/600 that would work well even in HI as much as AK

8414713730_2947d4201c_n.jpg

To each there own, but the last thing I want to do is fly Alaska in a 100HP LSA, open cockpit bi-plane, or cockpitless warbird. Maule fits in just fine, but thats about it.

Kevin Miller

3D Artist and developer

But you can have fun with a Learjet, going from top to bottom of the island chain in less than an hour at 80ft!

Anyway, if they can't deliver jets, I would settle with a Tu-114.

With the new and improved weather, flight model, and sensation of flight, I'm anxious for a jet of any kind, but would prefer a business jet up to a 737. The island chain allows plenty of room for all phases of a flight. What is still the most important and exciting feature of Flight is how much better it flys compared to anything else I've tried. I've tasted the small GA flight model and it's delicious and if those characteristics carry over to larger twins and jets, it'll be like getting a new release of the FS series more frequently than every 2 years. . .