Sign in to follow this  
HughesMDflyer4

New Aircraft Teaser - Second Screenshot

Apparently some people seem to think I am immediately off on a "crusade" against Microsoft, this is NOT the case, I will wait to see what Alaska holds, if they manage to mess up Alaska, then that gives me ample reason to start pointing fingers. To me this is the second DLC (truthfully its their 3rd but I missed out on 1 month of Flight so I am giving them a "grace" period), I consider the 3 strikes approach which I believe AVSIM does the same sort of thing in their administration over their forums.

8414713730_2947d4201c_n.jpg

Its already 3 strikes for me. P-51, strike one. Zero, strike two. P-40, thats strike 3 for me. Im out of Flight. Im honestly glad I dont work on the team anymore. Would of driven me off the deep end seeing it spiral down like this.

Kevin Miller

3D Artist and developer

Ok, that makes me said. I do not think it is likely to have a cockpit. Maybe the plan is 3 basic aircraft for 1 deluxe? They would do better if they just communicate they intentions, this is a bit insane.

Its already 3 strikes for me. P-51, strike one. Zero, strike two. P-40, thats strike 3 for me. Im out of Flight. Im honestly glad I dont work on the team anymore. Would of driven me off the deep end seeing it spiral down like this.

you were part of the MS Flight Team?

I'm waiting for the £50 deluxe game in the shops! Well it won't happen but am hoping for a "gold" or "best of 2012" type DLC as a Christmas offer

you were part of the MS Flight Team?

Yes. I left the team over 1 year ago (my contract ended). My name is in the credits, so I can say that I worked on the team (NDA, if MS says it, I can say it), but I cant say what I did. If you look at my link below my name, im sure you can figure out what I did rather quickly.

Kevin Miller

3D Artist and developer

Yes. I left the team over 1 year ago (my contract ended). My name is in the credits, so I can say that I worked on the team (NDA, if MS says it, I can say it), but I cant say what I did. If you look at my link below my name, im sure you can figure out what I did rather quickly.

WOW just wow, great work on that Aircraft BTW, looks like you had quite a hand in making the Icon A5, wish you were still part of the team if you had any say.

I am still wondering (as I was when Zero was out) what are they trying to communicate. The only message that comes to my mind is "we want no simmers to play this game at any costs", which frankly doesnt make any sense to me.

I am still wondering (as I was when Zero was out) what are they trying to communicate. The only message that comes to my mind is "we want no simmers to play this game at any costs", which frankly doesnt make any sense to me.

According to the devs in the beta forum, the 2 DLC airplanes (The Zero and this upcoming one) were already "locked" in development long before Flight was ever released! So nothing at this point will change the outcome. However, they also said the deluxe airplanes or options are coming, so I would't be surprised if a VC will come after the release of the external model in the future.

All they are selling now, is noisy eye candy, and they arnt even modeled well. Truly depressing...

While I would be disappointed if this is the next release, especially if there is not cockpit, one can envision the path so far taken by Microsoft. In essence, Flight has to pay for itself. That gets done via DLC. DLC gets done in a manner where there can be a schedule of releases. To do that requires access to planes or licensing data from manufacturers. Some manufacturers will gladly supply the data at no cost, ie Vans or Icon? Maybe, maybe not?

Now to fill in the gaps where does MICROSFT find planes that can be done quickly and at little, to no cost? Hummmm, hello Paul? Can we come visit for a couple three days? And bring our cameras?

I had written down the name on the nose of the Mustang to run it through Google, but never got around to it. Then someone in the beta forum mentioned the tie in with Paul Allen.and his air museum. Bingo! All the dots started to connect. I expect we will continue to see more planes out of the museum, with a sprinkling in of what might be termed "more mainstream" offerings.

I have two planes that I am happy with, the Vans and the Maule. The Icon has it's place and time, as does the Stearman. I'll look forward to more scenery packages and if there is a plane that suits my fancy, I might spring for it. The thing that worries me is that after the initial rush from release Microsoft might not be prepared for the desire for more and more. IMO, Alaska should have been out by now to capitalize on the initial momentum. Instead we wait. A lot of people might not be good waiters. Those waiting for a complete plane definitely are not good waiters!

The Flight saga continues....

Well, another 75 year old aircraft is certainly a disappointment for me (unless it has a VC, of course).

But, let's not lose the plot just yet. I would imagine sales of this DLC will not be high and MS will get the message. If it does have a VC, it could be great fun

... and Alaska surely has to be out soon (they said Spring). We had 10 days of sun last month in UK which was apparently Summer; we're now into Autumn I think...

Gareth Howell

Cheshire (UK)

There entire approach to this is just so.... .... .... Sterile and dry.. It's like going out to dinner at some place that looks all fancy from the outside. Then you end up with bad waitress who avoids interacting with you unless it's absolutely necessarily and just goes through the motions. You get your food and it's mediocre at best and barely qualifies as a meal. But hey the polished aluminum siding, dress code and pond outside makes it seem like a five star joint.

I really tried being supportive of this effort in the beginning and spent 80hrs playing it initially.. Then... Nothing... 80hrs in and I'm still flying in a sterile Hawaii by myself in the same three planes. I haven't flown this game in over a month now. Unless Alaska brings more then just a new state and a new `Delux" aircraft I'm still not buying it. They are barely trying and the 3rd consecutive plane that will probably look like MS bought a model from TurboSquid and put a price tag on it isn't helping change my position at all.

ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-E GAMING / i9-9900k @ 4.7 all cores w/ NOCTUA NH-D15S / 2080ti / 32GB G.Skill 3200 RIPJAWS / 1TB Evo SSD / 500GB Evo SSD /  2x 3TB HDD / CORSAIR CRYSTAL 570X / IPSG 850W 80+ PLATINUM / Dual 4k Monitors 

Guest ecg

If all this is true, (3rd warbird, probably no VC) then this is very disappointing.

I have been playing Flight less lately. Hopefully the Alaska DLC will renew my interest.

Just out of interest...how many others are finding themselves spending less time in FLIGHT?

WOW just wow, great work on that Aircraft BTW, looks like you had quite a hand in making the Icon A5, wish you were still part of the team if you had any say.

If all Flight is now is cockpitless warbirds, im glad im no longer on the team. Thats not the "game" I was working on over a year ago.

Kevin Miller

3D Artist and developer