Sign in to follow this  
HughesMDflyer4

New Aircraft Teaser - Second Screenshot

Guest Antlab

If you are right, then we have 22 more to go.

Well, then solved the mistery for the next "Guess the plane" until 2014 Big%20Grin.gif

A.

My hunch is they already had these in the pipeline probably even before the initial release.

These are " dog bones" to just throw out there, while we wait for the bigger stuff, ie the full meal.

If a P40 is what it is, and I don't care of it, I just won't purchase it. I instead will await to see what comes with the next " major" DLC release, ie Alaska.

I feel like pointing out (again) that this is true. The Zero and Warhawk have been confirmed to have been in the pipeline since before the game was released. I'm similarly optimistic that the basic planes will be filler between better releases, and that doesn't bother me whatsoever. I just wish someone official would say something along those lines to help squelch some of the uncertainty that has so many other people worried.

What a shame it is for me to read this thread after logging on only once in the past 2 weeks to participate in a multiplayer event. I was so impressed with Flight at first, but then the boredom of sterile surroundings & then the warbirds killed it for me. I trust you people know your stuff & it certainly does look like a patch to the P40. Cockpit or not, enough of the warbirds.

Yeah, Flight is sinking pretty fast like the Titanic and Alaska is only a lifeboat.

After the P40 the next DLC will be again a WWII plane and the next will be again a WWII plane.

The 2012 winter DLC news will be..... a WWII plane again.

Thank you Josh

BTW After being pessimistic a bit today in this topic and others about the future of Flight, I did a short flight during dawn this evening :wink: and had a close look at the shadows or better said the light in the VC... All my negative feelings were washed away by the awesomeness of Flight's graphics, hahaha!!!

http://forum.avsim.n...-on-the-windows

Jeroen - I can never understand how anyone can admire Flight's graphics.

The only thing you can say about them is that compared to stock FSX they are much better, but frankly compared to any modern gaming title they are awful. Not to mention that all of the things you can achieve in FSX (barring the tree shadows which aren't implemented as well).

Jeroen - I can never understand how anyone can admire Flight's graphics.

The only thing you can say about them is that compared to stock FSX they are much better, but frankly compared to any modern gaming title they are awful. Not to mention that all of the things you can achieve in FSX (barring the tree shadows which aren't implemented as well).

Fly through the haze in Flight during dawn in the Maule or RV and compare that with FSX. Case closed. :wink: You will NOT be able to get anything like that in FSX, not even with all the top addons. And then I am only talking about the looks.

The graphics can't be compared to modern gaming titles, that's for sure, but I don't do that. Compared to what I've been used to (FSX and all previous versions) Flight is awesome.

Obviously this is all very subjective. I mean, I can't understand how anyone can NOT like Flights graphics, haha! :wink:

You could not be more wrong !

I think what you mean is that You would like to see Flight sinking like the titanic.

Fred.

Nope Fred, that's the opposite, otherwise I wouldn't be here.

I am only expressing my frustration because I keep on seeing arcade DLC over arcade features over arcade short, mid and long terms MS plans about Flight.

How would you feel if the lonely new game present into one of your favorite genre panorama would show arcade stuff made of WWII cockpitless bitmaps and if it would keep on doing that in the future closing to 3rd party addons the possibility to fix the drama ?

That's good to hear Mark !

Cheers.

Fred.

That's good to hear Mark !

Cheers.

Fred.

If I had to cross the ocean with a 747 with heavy storms popping up into the Wx radar I would appreciate to have you as my FO.

V-1 would be tempting, though. And it's even appropriate for not having a cockpit. Just%20Kidding.gif

Made me chuckle, I'm still hoping for a bumper Christmas pack, with a few craft and areas for around £20-£30

Maybe MS could let the WW2 series planes have canon's and maybe stuff to shoot on the ground? Possibly targets?

Fly through the haze in Flight during dawn in the Maule or RV and compare that with FSX. Case closed. :wink: You will NOT be able to get anything like that in FSX, not even with all the top addons. And then I am only talking about the looks.

The graphics can't be compared to modern gaming titles, that's for sure, but I don't do that. Compared to what I've been used to (FSX and all previous versions) Flight is awesome.

Obviously this is all very subjective. I mean, I can't understand how anyone can NOT like Flights graphics, haha! :wink:

The one thing Flight does do right is haze, and frankly that's about it.

I have no contention that Flight looks better default than FSX, but it would be criminal if it didn't. I certainly do compare it to modern titles - and whilst you can't compare like-for-like with showcases like BF3 due to natural restrictions of the nature of Flight sim's, things like the models are horrendously low poly. Textures are terribly low res etc. Detail is particularly poor.

In regards to not being able to get anything like that in FSX, even with top add-ons, that's just not true. Hell, you can get plenty of freeware for Hawaii that makes Flight's offerings look terrible.

I could now download a few freeware aircraft and scenery packages which would make Hawaii in FSX obliterate Hawaii in Flight!

I could now download a few freeware aircraft and scenery packages which would make Hawaii in FSX obliterate Hawaii in Flight!

Go for it! We won't mind. Let us know how it turns out.

Hook

Larry Hookins

Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth
And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings;

Only problem Mr. Hughes is that we had to wait almost six years for those freeware aircraft and scenery packages, not minding modern state of the art PC’s

Only problem Mr. Hughes is that we had to wait almost six years for those freeware aircraft and scenery packages, not minding modern state of the art PC’s

What relevance does that have to this minute?

I'm willing to bet if FSX had a scenery area 5000 times smaller than it actually does it would have been done it about 2 days...