Sign in to follow this  
mcbellette

Discrepancy in HDG

I just noticed a difference between the heading shown in the map under the artificial horizon and the map on the Avidyne display. I selected 010 on HDG mode and the map under the artificial horizon showed 010 while the Avidyne displayed 022. Anyone else noticed this?

Try pressing D once, mabe it helps. This should align the gyro based radings to the magnetic ones.

I got my gyrodrift disabled in FSX settings but it still happens with some addons ... but "D" should helps for sure!

I tried pressing "D" multiple times and it had absolutely no effect on this discrepancy.

Is D assigned to a command in your control options? Another possibility would be that some gauge is showing your track, while the other one gives you the heading.

You might need a front end alinement... Kidding aside... "D" is used more often in Carenado planes then in others I've noticed. Report it to the bugs thread.

On the panel just to the left of the RMI is a Gyro Drift control. You can set the deflection using the arrow buttons under "SLEW". Then by pressing the DG button under "MODE" the correction will be set on the EFIS. Watch the HSI and you will see the correction being made as you press the DG button. It seems to have the same function as the D key.

Thanks superglide for explaining that panel... I suspected as much... but hadn't played with it yet.

Bert Pieke once mentioned that he can add a D to a gauge so that on startup D is pressed anyway if you need it or not..!! that way it is always right.. I think it was on a previous release that he once mentioned hat. i dont know if he ever got around to do it.

Now that is lazy! LOL.

But any effort by the "Mod Squad" is always welcomed and appreciated very much.