Sign in to follow this  
RobbSpeed

RXP 530

OK. Before you do anything backup all 3 files. Copy and paste them somewhere safe or rename them changing the name to filename.bak.

Go to your flightsim folder\SimObjects\Airplanes\Carenado C90 King Air\Texture.Common\

BACKUP the files Gauges_C90_2.bmp and Gauges_C90_2_night.bmp

Download the new gauges here - http://dl.dropbox.com/u/7591081/Gauges_C90_RXP530.zip

Unzip the 2 gauges and put them in your flightsim folder\SimObjects\Airplanes\Carenado C90 King Air\Texture.Common\ folder

Go to your flightsim folder\SimObjects\Airplanes\Carenado C90 King Air\Panel\

BACKUP the panel.cfg file

Replace the [Window00] section with this:

[Window00]

Background_color=1,1,0

size_mm=1024,1024

position=8

visible=0

ident=MAIN_PANEL

window_size=0.38, 0.44

no_luminous=1

window_pos= 0.550, 0.550

gauge00=rxpGNS!GNS530,0,0,1024,1024

//gauge00=EX500_C90!EX500_config, 0,0, 1, 1

//gauge01=EX500_C90!EX500, 0,0,1024,1024

gauge02=C90KA!ToggleCARG500, 100,0,760,60

Replace the [Vcockpit05\ section with this:

[Vcockpit05]

Background_color=0,0,0

size_mm=1024,1024

visible=0

pixel_size=1024,1024

texture=$Panel_5

gauge00=rxpGNS!GNS530,-32, 534, 570,412

//gauge00=EX500_C90!EX500_config, 0, 0, 1, 1

//gauge01=EX500_C90!EX500_3D, 0,512,513 , 411

gauge02=C90KA!ToggleCARG500, 64,512,448,64

gauge03=EFISC90!EFIS_3D, 0, 0, 512,512

gauge04=GAUGEC90EFIS!Gauge_EFIS84_EHSI_3D, 512, 0, 512,512

gauge05=GPS_400_C90!GNS400_NC_3D, 517, 512, 496,258

gauge06=C90KA!ToggleCAR430, 530, 520, 400,20

gauge07=C90KA!ToggleEFIS, 32, 32, 448, 448

If you want the changes on the LITE version you will need to make the same changes in the Carenado C90 King Air_LITE folder.

Known issues:

The button placement isn't perfect. It should be close enough for normal use. The Avidyne is a completly different shape than the 530 so I went for close on all rather than perfect on some. Particularly, the buttons along the bottom - the click-spot is on the botton half of the button. The click-spots for switching from Nav to Com are along the very bottom of the gauge.

The 3D knobs from the Avidyne are off quite a bit. The proper click-spots are to the outside of the knobs. High for the outer knob, low for the inner.

The pop-up click-spot is where it was for the Avidyne - on the top faceplate. To close the pop-up click the same place on the pop-up. If you click on the face, when you get the magnifying glass, it will pop-up the GPS 400. I don't know why. Bert can probably fix that. :)

If you find you'd rather have the Avidyne back, just replace those 3 files you backed up.

Enjoy! I can't stop flying this plane. I love it!

• Upvote 1

Eddie
KABQ

Thanks Eddie!! Flying the Baron right now but will give this a go as soon as I land. Appreciate your time and effort!

Rob Simmons

Eddie, thanks for sharing! I think I'll do the Lite version with the RX530 mod! And keep the other stock :Just Kidding:

Cool, thanks again!

Martin

Do I have to do anything with the RXP 530 folders?? or does the abouve changes find the right RXP folders...............B42L8

You'll need to put RXPGNS.INI in the main King Air folder. You can copy it from another plane, however I think there are a couple of changes with regard to AutoCourse. There is a post in this forum where Bert posts his .ini file. You can copy it.

Eddie
KABQ

Question, what 3 files are you referring to to start this process????.........B42L8

Go to your flightsim folder\SimObjects\Airplanes\Carenado C90 King Air\Texture.Common\

BACKUP the files Gauges_C90_2.bmp and Gauges_C90_2_night.bmp

Go to your flightsim folder\SimObjects\Airplanes\Carenado C90 King Air\Panel\

BACKUP the panel.cfg file

Rob Simmons

The 2 .bmp files and the panel.cfg. Later in the instructions it tells you specifically which files. Just wanted to emphasize up front o backup.

Eddie
KABQ

Eddie you are a genius! we are so fortunate to have all this talent in the forum, you guys make a good plane into a GREAT plane thanks so much

Guest Mik75

Wow! I will I've it a try as soon as possible!

Thanks a lot!

Guest Mik75

Hi!

I just installed your mod.

Everything works fine so far, except that I don´t see the display of the GNS 430 (RXP) in the VC anymore.

The 2D popup works just fine, but the VC counterpart remains black...

Edit:

I discovered the problem:

I copied the vcockpit5 section from your post in which the original Carenado GNS 400 was still in.

I changed that, and now it is working like a charm!

Perfect mod, thanks again!

I have to second that!!...........with all the help, I got the 530 installed in the panel, all the clickspots, sounds and lighting fixes...........all candles on this terrefic cake..................Many thanks to all those who know how to fix things!! B42L8

B. The buttons aren't perfect. But they are close. If you watch for the orange hand you'll be fine.

C. I don't know how (if it can be done) to move the 3D knobs. So they aren't really even close to being where they need to be. Again, use the RXP green and orange arrows and you can work it quite well.

My biggest question -- how in the world did you modify the VC model to show 3d knobs?! That's awesome!!!

Trevor Bair

CMEL+IR | PA32R-301T & C208B
My Real World Travels