Sign in to follow this  
andalusi

"positive rate" call to early (in my opinion)

As the title says, the FO starts immediately after Takeoff his "positive rate" call. Even before any positive rate is shown on the displays.

Maybe something for a next update.

As the title says, the FO starts immediately after Takeoff his "positive rate" call. Even before any positive rate is shown on the displays.

Maybe something for a next update.

Hi

It's fine for me, i see the altitude increase on the RA and the VSI.

Hi

It's fine for me, i see the altitude increase on the RA and the VSI.

Ditto

Kind regards

Peter

Ditto

Maybe it's something else ? What FPS do you get ? Could it be a slowdown pf some sort ? If you get low FPS at that point it could appear not to move (happened to me before)

Maybe it's something else ? What FPS do you get ? Could it be a slowdown pf some sort ? If you get low FPS at that point it could appear not to move (happened to me before)

What I meant was, that it is also fine for me.

Kind regards

Peter

works fine by me too

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

"Positive rate" should not be called below screen height. So anything below 50ft iis an incorrect call due to ground effect.

vololiberista

"Positive rate" should not be called below screen height. So anything below 50ft iis an incorrect call due to ground effect.

vololiberista

+1

Never read that one before.... sounds like some esoteric pedantry from the JAA.

I think the Boeing FCOM just says altimeter increasing and VSI showing a positive rate of climb.

Never read that one before.... sounds like some esoteric pedantry from the JAA.

I think the Boeing FCOM just says altimeter increasing and VSI showing a positive rate of climb.

+1 as long as the alt is increasing and vsi is showing a positve rate is all you got to worry about

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

+1 as long as the alt is increasing and vsi is showing a positve rate is all you got to worry about

Agree.

Kind regards

Peter

Sorry boys! You need to learn some piloting skills.

Let's then assume that you see the indicator show a rate of climb but are still in ground effect i.e 10-20ft agl. You call "Positive Rate" and promptly stall because you have over rotated!!

Waiting till you are above screen height and out of ground effect is good airmanship at the very least! And, to avoid any arguments It "is" the correct technique! For example in the VC10 model for Fs2004 "positive rate" is set at 50ft which also coincides with the end of the rotation manoeuvre and v2 having been passed. So the actual call is heard a little higher at about 60ft. (you would be surprised just how quickly a jet gets there!!) If you or the model in question is calling "positive rate" before v2 then it most definately is too soon. And as has been said it could also be due to lag in your PC. If the coding triggers "positive rate" above 35ft then that's ok provided that you have attained v2.

vololiberista

It come right as the wheels unstick. Which, to me ( not a real pilot ), is too soon.

It come right as the wheels unstick. Which, to me ( not a real pilot ), is too soon.

That most certainly is too soon! It's either a quirk in your pc setup or it's coded to do that. The latter is quite incorrect and should be corrected. In a real life situation that would be an extremely dangerous manoeuvre. Again using the VC10 model. From time to time I have encountered an engine fire imediately after rotation ((sometimes a double failure) equivalent to a bird strike) "positive climb" and "Gear up" calls are still made but take into account the correct v2 speed.

Minium climb speed Flaps up/Slats out v2+20

Minimum Slat retraction speed v2+45

Minimum speed flaps up/Slats in v2+60

Engine fire drills secondary when convenient

Even in this situation you wait until you have passed your all engines v2 before calling "positive climb" etc.

vololiberista

At least I am an "armchair aviator" as well.

But if you compare to the countless real life videos on Youtube, in my opinion the call is way to early.

I know that this is a minor issue, but it is not like real life, period.

Maybe something is wrong with my setup, but I have no idea what exactly.