Sign in to follow this  
EddieTaute

Taxi Issue after landing

Guys,

After a complete new install of fsx and all addons (2 days later) I managed to do two flights. Bowermann to Reno and Reno to KLAS. I had real world weather with AS Evo.

My issue is that both times after landing and taxiing to parking the taxiing of the plane becomes squirelly (sorry best word I can use to describe), it becomes almost impossible to taxi. I did an autoland and manual visual landing and both times this happens.

Is this a known issue? I don't think I broke anything as Airhauler shows vs at touchdown at about -100.

Cheers,

Eddie

So what does it do exactly?

Are you sure that your autobrakes are deactivated? There's a known FSX issue where autobrakes during landing do not deactivate unless you tap a couple of times you brakes before the plane comes to a complete stop.

Just an idea...

Hi,

Basically it is as if the front wheel is locked in a certain direction somehow and I have to use the rudder hard to steer and then it goes in the opposite direction?

I have short field package on 737-800 due to my base being Bowerman, so I did not use autobrake at all for Reno and KLAS.

When autobrake is enable when should I deactivate? I usually do it before turnoff from runway.

Cheers

Don't really know why your wheels does this.

As for the autobrake, you should do what I said. Just tap your brakes a couple of times when your speed drops near 30-40kts (but surely before 0kts) otherwise the autobrakes lock even if your turn the switch to off. It's an FSX issue not PMDG's.

Have you switched of the autopilot

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Did you use rudder trim (maybe through the keyboard)?

Nope, no rudder trim. Plane taxies perfectly on departure. Autopilot was off (me thinks) as the visual landing was manual.

Nope, no rudder trim. Plane taxies perfectly on departure. Autopilot was off (me thinks) as the visual landing was manual.

maybe the null zone?

I have seen this behaviour also sometimes and i always was able to solve it by given the rudder pedals a full left right swing.

If you look at the system display you will see in these cases the rudder is not aligned in the middle.

this happens to me sometimes on taxi out also so whether or not this is the same is the question but worth a try

Please explain, null zone and can this change from departure to destination?

alright, are you using rudder pedals? if so try set the action to about 80% and all the null zones to 0, that might fix your problem.

I don't know what hardware you are using, but before i set up and calibrated my CH pedals through FSUIPC, i used to get this problem often after landing. Usually half way to the gate.

Completely removed my CH software and used FSUIPC only and no problem since.

Regards,

Rick Hobbs

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Not using pedals, only flightstick from (and as I am at work I can't remember the make) rudder is controlled by twisting the handle.

I will enable the systems view on next landing to see what it shows me. Have been flying NGX since it came out and this has only manifested after recent installation.

Not using pedals, only flightstick from (and as I am at work I can't remember the make) rudder is controlled by twisting the handle.

I will enable the systems view on next landing to see what it shows me. Have been flying NGX since it came out and this has only manifested after recent installation.

do you mean after sp1c?

No, I have been flying with 1c also after it came out. I had to do a full reinstall of FSX during the week, and since then I have experienced this problem. Could it have something to do with the SFP?