Sign in to follow this  
OmniAtlas

Z77 MB and the new Lucid Virtu MVP technology

Hello

I've build a system based in a motherboard Asus Sabertooth Z77 (same chipset than that you mentione) and I see a big improvement in FSX due to Lucid MVP.

My system is:

Asus Sabertooth Z77

Intel i7-2600K at 4.8 GHz

8 GB of RAM (1600 MHz - CL9)

After the FSX installation, and with the default FSX.CFG, all the visual settings (scenery) maxed and no addons, I fly over New York with more than 20 fps. Without Lucid MVP the frames dropped to 10 or even less in the same scenery setting.

In my opinion you should try to install Lucid MVP. Isn´t necessary any changes in FSX after that. It's "plug and play" and if you don't like you could uninstall it.

Best regards

Joaquim Xavier

This is really intersting. I was already thinking about upgrading to Z77 to cure the double boots that the Z68 mobo's have. Do the Z77 mobo's have double boots when overclocked?

If Lucid MVP is really as good as you say, then it might be well worth the upgrade. If I understand correctly, it's software that you can seperately, optionally install, and which isn't built into the board, correct?

Thanks. :smile:

I don't care too much about double boots anymore. Honestly, it only happens once a week or so. Really no big deal IMO.

I've build a system based in a motherboard Asus Sabertooth Z77 (same chipset than that you mentione) and I see a big improvement in FSX due to Lucid MVP.

My system is:

Asus Sabertooth Z77

Intel i7-2600K at 4.8 GHz

8 GB of RAM

What kind of gpu you running?

From benchmarks and even running MVP on my z68 with a high end GPU the results were 1-2 frames.

The biggest jump I saw reading reviews was on low end GPU's and was about 7%.

Doubling your frames from 10 to 20 seems too amazing.

I also see 1-2 FPS on my machine with Lucid MVP enabled on my Z77 Asrock Extreme 4 board. I do leave it on, just because more FPS = better in my mind :)

I ran into issues of MVP crashing other games besides FSX.

Couldn't figure out why DCS would constantly crash and found it was MVP causing it.

I think MVP will really benefit users with lower end cards and essentially remain mediocre on high end cards.

Just builded an i7 3770k with msi gtx580...

I will try this and report back.....

__________________________________________________________________________________________
Elias Stassinos - Author of PTTBuddy - Automatic volume control while you fly / play /stream
My FS Photos - My MSFS Settings - i7-8700K / 32GB RAM / Gigabyte 3070 8GB OC / 1440p