Sign in to follow this  
jdeutsch

Voice button freezes FSX

I am fairly new to the FSX community and have recently purchased several add-ons, the most recent being FS2Crew.

I believe I have followed all of the installation procedures properly... Run as admin, Start in 2D cockpit, Re-install PMDG sp?, etc... I am able to bring up the panel when I click on the backup attitude indicator. The buttons seem to function as well.

EXCEPT, the voice button shows ON and if I click on it FSX freezes at the mouse pointer that looks like a hand with finger extended and the task must be killed.

I have a Sirius twin-USB headset with mic which seems to have been trained fine in Win 7 x 64. This is a new system i7 etc. Lastly, I am not running any extensive anti-virus, backup, or other persistent system software which might conflict...

I have uninstalled and reinstalled. I have shutdown and restart the system. I am pretty well-versed with PCs...

Any ideas???

Thanks in advance.

Jeff.

I am fairly new to the FSX community and have recently purchased several add-ons, the most recent being FS2Crew.

I believe I have followed all of the installation procedures properly... Run as admin, Start in 2D cockpit, Re-install PMDG sp?, etc... I am able to bring up the panel when I click on the backup attitude indicator. The buttons seem to function as well.

EXCEPT, the voice button shows ON and if I click on it FSX freezes at the mouse pointer that looks like a hand with finger extended and the task must be killed.

I have a Sirius twin-USB headset with mic which seems to have been trained fine in Win 7 x 64. This is a new system i7 etc. Lastly, I am not running any extensive anti-virus, backup, or other persistent system software which might conflict...

I have uninstalled and reinstalled. I have shutdown and restart the system. I am pretty well-versed with PCs...

Any ideas???

Thanks in advance.

Jeff.

Change the windows voice setting to English US.

Did that too... However, the problem seems to be more related to the mic working at all. I have speech recog off, have trained it, and have it set to English-US but even with voice ON it doesn't respond to my commands.

Did that too... However, the problem seems to be more related to the mic working at all. I have speech recog off, have trained it, and have it set to English-US but even with voice ON it doesn't respond to my commands.

Hmmm, ok make sure you have your Mic levels turned up, also try turning on the mic boost as well,..if you don't see and "feedback" in the green bar next to the mic in the sound options then you know your mic is faulty. Also make sure the correct mic is the default recording device (if you have more than one)

Any ideas???

Thanks in advance.

Jeff.

Jeff,

You generally should never need to click the VOICE button.

It should be on by default.

Is it 'off'? If so, it means the speech recognition system didn't load properly.

Please open the FS2Crew Config Manager and look at the Speech Recognition Init log file.... do you see any errors?

However, looking your other posts it appears the Voice Button is on.

Do you see anything in the Green Bar?

Also, what is a "twin" USB headset?

Cheers,

Jeff,

You generally should never need to click the VOICE button.

It should be on by default.

Is it 'off'? If so, it means the speech recognition system didn't load properly.

Please open the FS2Crew Config Manager and look at the Speech Recognition Init log file.... do you see any errors?

However, looking your other posts it appears the Voice Button is on.

Do you see anything in the Green Bar?

Also, what is a "twin" USB headset?

Cheers,

OK, it's working. Thanks for the replies all. The headset has two USB cables... Perhaps one for the headset and one for the mic, or maybe due to power requirements.

In any case, I switched the headset to two other USB ports and it's recognized properly. The mic was not being recognized when plugged into the other ports.

I'm not giving my FO command! Good stuff!

Cheers,

Jeff.