Sign in to follow this  
Brian_Gladden

IFR ATC loss

Here's my situation. It seems my FSX looses it's ATC.

For example.

I create an IFR plan, get my clearance, taxi out and take off. Sometime in the flight, either before ATC has vectored me on course or slightly afterwards, when I get a radio call to increase altitude or whatever ATC wants me to do. When I pop up the ATC screen, the numbers at the bottom have gone away. The ones you use to acknowledge the ATC request. ATC then keeps calling on me to reply, then cancels IFR . At that point the numbers come back and I can reopen the flight plan and it seems to work.

Any Ideas?

Happens to me as well. Never did figure out a fix.....

because you havent responding to the ATCs instructions they have canceled your IFR flight plan.

At this point you're flying on your own.

A couple of tricks either reload the IFR flight plan, if you are flying by GPS, you'll need to adjust your heading before loading otherwise your aircraft will begin to turn towards its start destination.

If you absolutley have to leave the pc for some reason, When you get handed off to another controller, roger the command and tune to the next controller, but dont call in, you are then free to leave the pc for as long as you like without losing your IFR flightplan.

Jack Cannon

Try switching frequencies.

This should bring up the option to contact whoever it was you were talking to.

Then switch back to that frequency and you should be good to go.

I think this happens to me when I try to respond too quickly to an ATC request.

regards,

Joe

The best gift you can give your children is your time.

sigbar.gif

because you havent responding to the ATCs instructions they have canceled your IFR flight plan.

At this point you're flying on your own.

A couple of tricks either reload the IFR flight plan, if you are flying by GPS, you'll need to adjust your heading before loading otherwise your aircraft will begin to turn towards its start destination.

If you absolutley have to leave the pc for some reason, When you get handed off to another controller, roger the command and tune to the next controller, but dont call in, you are then free to leave the pc for as long as you like without losing your IFR flightplan.

You have misunderstood the OP.

Its nothing to do with not responding. The option TO RESPOND (and all other numbered options) completely disappear from time to time for no apparent reason,

You are simply left with the ATC repeating "did you hear my last transmission?" over and over with no option to respond.

regards,

Joe

Maybe you guys haven't read the OP well enough. He says there ARE NO numbers to answer or switch frequencies. Happens to me quite often, too. Sometimes the ATC voice will skip like on an old record.

I would like to know how to fix this, too.

Maybe you guys haven't read the OP well enough. He says there ARE NO numbers to answer or switch frequencies. Happens to me quite often, too. Sometimes the ATC voice will skip like on an old record.

I would like to know how to fix this, too.

First of all, I dont use the built in ATC, so I have no idea if changing frequency back and forth actually works. But lets assume it works, you dont need the dialog for that, you simply use the instruments in your plane (the radio stack would be the first place I would look to change frequency).

That said, I would very highly recommend dropping the incompetent built in ATC and instead switch to using real humans as ATC on one of the online networks like IVAO or VATSIM

Switch frequencies in your radio stack, then the popup window will appear with the new freq, then it should work.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

regards,

Joe

Switch frequencies in your radio stack, then the popup window will appear with the new freq, then it should work.

That worked....cheers!