Sign in to follow this  
denver69

Anyone deal with simaddons?

I have to disagree and not recommend these sceneries by simaddons for FSX unless your into outdated scenery designed for FS 2004.

Terrible support.

Bought these years ago and cannot get any support at all.

Maybe I need to know this dev personally or at least well enough to call him by his first name.

Same forum members recommend this stuff on every post like this.

Terrible purchasing scheme, worst in the hobby.

Way over priced in my opinion.

If you live in Canada like myself there isn't much to choose from, still cannot recommend.

Cheers

Steve

Have to agree with Steve on this one.  Rather overpriced, and this is another developer who seems to have quickly jumped on the "triple the price for P3D because I can" bandwagon.  Pricing in Canadian dollars for FSX and Euros for P3D??  C'mon!!  Sorry to say that this is another talented developer for whom I can no longer offer my recommendation. 

Disclaimer:  This is my personal opinion based on personal experience.  My comments on this issue do not, in any way, represent the views or opinions of AVSIM or its' agents.

This is Canuckistan, everything is overpriced..lol.

Why  do you think American companies like Target head north?

EDIT.  I just checked his P3D pricing..absolute bloody ridiculous.

forgedaboutit!

This is Canuckistan, everything is overpriced..lol.

Why  do you think American companies like Target head north?

LOL!!  I have some Canadian roots, but not deep enough that I could get away with saying that.  :lol:

Canuckistan lol

I also hate how if you want one scenery you have to buy the separate Halifax base pack for it to work.

I'm probably going to buy the upgrade for the runway at YHZ and that's it. I've been putting it off too

Well, thanks for the HU. Was considering buying...now, think I shall give it a miss. In fact, never mind think...it's missed.

Arnie....if it ain't broke, don't fix it...

I got it only because I flew in the same area when I was active PPL

For that reason it is worth the whole package, otherwise it must seem to be  a bit expensive for small/medium airport sceneries.

Thanks for the input, but does the CYYC require the base pack, or will it be a standalone like some of the other sceneries?

And yeah, it's true it's quite overpriced. Flightbeam KSFO is amazingly well done for 22$, and it's a standalone.