Sign in to follow this  
Jacoba

John Nicol, the very public face behind Lockheed's Prepar3D flight simulator, is leaving Lockheed effective tomorrow.

John Nicol, the very public face behind Lockheed's Prepar3D flight simulator, is leaving Lockheed effective tomorrow.

http://forum.avsim.net/page/index.html/_/pri-news/john-nicol-to-depart-lockheed-r230

:sad:

A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.

- Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

http://forum.avsim.n...t-lockheed-r230

:sad:

Not sure what to make of it. Does it mean a stall-out for a 2.0? Will Prepar3d go the way of ESP 1.0? Dunno. It seemed as though P3D was a way forward, but XPlane also seems like it could be too. Things are really in flux right now.

It'd be nice if John could be interviewed, but I'm sure he's NDA'd to the hilt.

Jeff Bea

I am an avid globetrotter with my trusty Lufthansa B777F, Polar Air Cargo B744F, and Atlas Air B748F.

Likely effective until 2050 LOL

Likely effective until 2050 LOL

:LMAO:

ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-E GAMING / i9-9900k @ 4.7 all cores w/ NOCTUA NH-D15S / 2080ti / 32GB G.Skill 3200 RIPJAWS / 1TB Evo SSD / 500GB Evo SSD /  2x 3TB HDD / CORSAIR CRYSTAL 570X / IPSG 850W 80+ PLATINUM / Dual 4k Monitors 

Not sure what to make of it. Does it mean a stall-out for a 2.0? Will Prepar3d go the way of ESP 1.0? Dunno. It seemed as though P3D was a way forward, but XPlane also seems like it could be too. Things are really in flux right now.

I doubt that. The team is still working on Prepar3D 2.0 and probably on the next update to 1.x.

Deep breaths gents, read the P3D site and you will see that it was a planned shift with a replacement already in transition while JN was working out his notice.

We are a dark and doom-laden bunch. I am glad this is not a political forum, we would be told that the world is coming to an end because of a change of one position in the White House, or Downing St policy teams.

Deep breaths gents, read the P3D site and you will see that it was a planned shift with a replacement already in transition while JN was working out his notice.

We are a dark and doom-laden bunch. I am glad this is not a political forum, we would be told that the world is coming to an end because of a change of one position in the White House, or Downing St policy teams.

The history of this hobby dictates gloom!

<br />we would be told that the world is coming to an end<br />

Ian, you are obviously not keeping up with your Mayan neighbours. My fortune will be spent by midnight, December 20th... Actually, it will most likely last until the end of July, but who's counting...

Tom,

I just read this morning that the entire Mayan doomsday prophecy has just been squashed. Seems they have found a new room in the Mayan temple that turns out to be the lab where all the Mayan time-keepers worked. On the walls are notes that project the timings farther out into the future. I'm sure you will be seeing it in the news the next few days.

Might want to hang onto that fortune a little longer...lol

Tom: I spent a great year in Victoria many years ago. I was invited to stay and teach at that beautiful university out at Oak Bay. I flew from Victoria airport and inhabited the Flying Club. It still remains part of my fortune, the fortune of great memories.

We still have friends living in Victoria, and as our days pass, we hope to make one last trip back. If so I'd like to visit and contribute to your wonderful setup.