Sign in to follow this  
Lemond23

Off-topic: how pilots communicate so quickly?

The pass level for the RT exam in UK is 100%. Pilots maintain what is called "a listening watch" They are listening all the time to the traffic around them and obviously for their own callsign. The terminology is brief and precise. Also from the sim point of view one sometimes comes acrooss somebody who complains about the voices and wants a more hifi sound. The radios, headsets and microphones are deliberately designed to reproduce at the higher frequency range with no bass so that communication can be overheard above the noice in the cockpit.

vololiberista

The radios, headsets and microphones are deliberately designed to reproduce at the higher frequency range with no bass so that communication can be overheard above the noice in the cockpit.

vololiberista

I always liked the radio comms in this lager ad...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iVSBtivbUs4

:LMAO:

'Spoon, we are reading you as a knife on our scopes, please reset your transponder and fork - correction, squawk - 5642'

'You mean there is no spoon?'

Al

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

'Spoon, we are reading you as a knife on our scopes, please reset your transponder and fork - correction, squawk - 5642'

'You mean there is no spoon?'

Al

:biggrin:

Rónán O Cadhain.

sig_FSLBetaTester.jpg

As everyone else has said, proper phraseology. :) It's amazing how quickly it comes to you when it's all standard, time after time after time. When i got out of active duty, I went to work for 911-dispatch for the locality I was in. Same idea; quick listening and quick replies. It's fun to jump on VATSIM every now and again to have the newbie students listen....I always get the pm's popping up...."woah, how'd you do that?" :) Helps my old man ego from time to time. lol Especially when I used to do the splits of Military group-flights at KNBC......those are VERY familiar and FUN to me. :dance:

John Binner, MCDST
U.S. Dept Of Veteran Affairs, Senior IT Analyst

OI&T, SPM, Clinical Imaging

2022 Build: Thermaltake Core X71 Full tower case, ASUS Prime X570-P Motherboard, AMD Ryzen 7 5800X 8-Core CPU, ASUS TUF Gaming Radeon RX6900 XT GPU, G.SKILL Ripjaws 32GB DDR 3600 RAM, Thermaltake Toughpower GF1 850W 80+ Gold PSU, Cooler Master MasterLiquid ML240L Water Cooler