Sign in to follow this  
zmak

Why did you choose your add on scenery

My system is high end and a few months old but I have managed to fill 8 gigs quickly with any free scenery that looked okay. Recently FSX started to get a bit buggy with some fatal crashes and scenery errors messages on loading. More importantly I wasn't using most of the airports or areas I had down loaded. (fsx flying now!)

The new plan is to go global with GEX 1x mgp mesh , that way Im always getting richer scenery where ever I am and only have several add on pay ware airports used as major hubs.

What add on scenery are you using and why did you choose (va route, hub etc) it or was it because it was free?

ZORAN

I have most of orbx north America scenery because I like scooting around in sel's. A few fsdt airports are installed for the big jets.

I have all the Orbx North America scenery. I live in the metro Vancouver region, so I bought Vancouver v. 3. I enjoy flying around the Pacific Northwest because I know much of Washington and British Columbia pretty well. I also have Alaska scenery because I belong to a VA that focuses on bush flying (Eagle Valley Air ... a GREAT VA, by the way).

I have SimAddons' Halifax and Moncton scenery because I used to live in the area and I enjoy flying around a locale that I know well (hmm ... I'm sensing a theme, here Money%20Eyes.gif ).

I don't have much freeware scenery.

Joel Murray @ CYVR (actually, somewhere about halfway between CYNJ and CZBB) 

Forgot to mention in my post that I deleted all of my scenery and Fsx is now ready for a more controlled and purposeful addition of payware scenery.

" I belong to a VA that focuses on bush flying (Eagle Valley Air ... a GREAT VA, by the way)."

JRM , I also fly with a alaska bushy ( flyaka.com) and there has been some good scenery released for alaska and I think you need a good mesh to take it all in

ZORAN

Orbx sceneries for Australia and for my home country New Zealand, because that's where I do most of my sim flying. I also have several Orbx Australian airports, which are lovely designs but tend to stretch my PC resources a bit too much when flying the NGX so am still trying to optimise. Mostly I don't care too much for airport scenery eye candy though, since I generally prefer the airline flying environment over sightseeing. Orbx's NZSI scenery already contains amply sufficient airport detail for me (eagerly awaiting NZNI too). Also use FS Altitude's high altitude scenery for Australia / New Zealand and have recently purchased it for Western Europe too, greatly enhances the enroute part of my flights. Only a few add-on aircraft : the PMDG NGX (of course !), the Level-D 763 and the PMDG Beech 1900D (oh yes, and the Just Flight Flying Club C152 for the odd bit of sightseeing).

Cheers,
Emile Bax.

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

I have installed lots of scenery but unfortunately I had to re-install FSX due to an issue with the scenery...

I do most of my flying in the caribbean so I am re installing in this order

SRTM Mesh for North and South America

Scenery Tech Landclass for North and South America

Ground Environment X Atlantic and Pacific Tropics (just purchased)

PW Caribbean Sceneries (excellent freeware)

Latin VFR TTPP (Trinidad) TTCP (Tobago) MKJP (Kingston) MKJS (Montego Bay)

REX Overdrive

I also have UK 2000 Gatwick, and Amsterdam Schipol and Innsbruk which I bought for the tutorials. I was planning on doing more eurpoean flying, but I found that there semed to be more easily available freeware for the Caribbean until I found this site http://www.freewares...ry.com/fsx.html

Apologies If I shouldn't have put that link up.

I'm in the middle of re-installing everything so I can't tell you how my pc will handling it. Fingers crossed it's ok as the only Issues I had previously was with Schipol and then I tried to install Scenery tech over everything and it all went horribly wrong!

I've got the NGX and the J41 but I'm waiting for PMDG to bring me something GA type co I can go sight-seeing! :Drooling:

This is what I have at the moment

SRTM Mesh for North and South America

Scenery Tech Landclass for North and South America

Ground Environment X Atlantic and Pacific Tropics

PW Caribbean Sceneries (excellent freeware)

Latin VFR TTPP (Trinidad) TTCP (Tobago) MKJP (Kingston) MKJS (Montego Bay)

GSDT KFLL and KJFK

WO AI Traffic (Soon maybe UT2)

REX2 Overdrive

So far so good...will be needing a more capable PC soon!