In my new rig, based on an i7 2700k, I want 3 monitors for the outside view and 3 monitors for the instruments, both at a resolution of 5760x1080 (3x 1920x1080). Each set of 3 monitors will be 'powered by' a TH2GO Digital (no DP). Matrox states that this is the maximum resolution for a TH2GO Digital and that a maximum of 2 TH2GO Digital's in one system is supported.

BUT, will a GTX580 with 1536 MB of memory be up to this task? And if it is, what will be the downside performance wise.

Thanks in advance for your answers (or questions),

Theo

I would recommend that you get two GTX680's. You will no longer need TH2GO and the 680 is better at handling high resolutions.

He wants to use 6 monitors in total so he will need two TH2GO's, a 680 will only allow 4 monitors to be connected without any additional hardware. Personally I think you are going to struggle with 6 monitors even on a 680.

Cheers, Andy.

I ran a 6 monitor setup on one i7 and even under FS9 it was a struggle. For every gauge you undock you are going to take massive FPS hits.

I wasn't planning to undock any gauges. The first set of 3 monitors will be used for the outside view only (no cockpit visible). The second set of 3 monitors will be used for the instruments only (no outside view). Because of the available space for those instruments (5760x1080) I think it will be a 2D setup for the instruments (all will be visible at the same time). In case of an overhead panel, it might be possible to use two monitors for the standard instruments and the third monitor for an overhead panel (also in 2D).

If need be, I plan to create my own 2D panel with only those gauges I need / want to see. The overheadpanel can than be setup as a part of that selfmade 2D panel so there will be no need for gauges to undock. Or am I thinking to simply now?

Greetings Theo.