Sign in to follow this  

Or should I sell it and buy the comparable Nvidia card (used as well so I wouldn't necessary be shelling out more money).

I always hear Nvidia does FSX better but is that still true in the past few years of newer ATI cards?

What Nvidia card is comparable price wise (used price for used price) that would result in better FSX performance/smoothness/AA, etc. compared to the 6950? Or is the 6950 the best card at the used price point?

I guess my biggest complaint is that most tweaking utilties and programs (FXAA, Nspecter, etc.) that highly benefit FSX are all Nvidia only.

GTX 560 ti and GTX 570 are the closest equivalent Nvidia cards, either one would be great for FSX.

Would you say trying to sell the ATI and getting the 570 would be worth the hassle in FSX?

For FSX? No question. Nvidia cards tend to deliver higher performance and image quality than AMD (ATI) cards when it comes to FSX.

Changed from an 560ti to an 7950 here. I can confirm that in terms of pure performance in aa, my 560ti was a little bit better, but on the image quality side, no way, my 7950 is miles ahead, of course im speaking about my own experience, and of course, if you grab any nvidia card better than an 560ti, you will get better results than any ati on the market, in fsx.

Tapatalk2, Samsung Galaxy Note.

7800X3D / 7900XTX / ROG STRIX B650-A / Corsair Vengeance 32GB 6000mhz, etc etc.

I have an Ati 6870 and I never felt the need to change it for an Invidia.

Performance is stellar!

But if you want an honest review of my card I can tell you that the only downside is AA. If you enable it in super sampling ( which is really the only valid mode) you experience a huge performance hit!

It's not a problem for me because I never use AA anyway...

Image quality is also stellar!

Last but not least is the price, which is very good for what you get!

David DD

Performance is stellar!

I have tested side by side with a friend and we have found that his main bottleneck is his 6870. His card is significantly slower in FSX than my 580.