Sign in to follow this  
Viper786

Will we ever see planes like a Boeing 747?

Personly, I never used big jets before and see no need now. To me, that is not what aviation is all about! Push a botton and go from point A to point B and auto land, no thanks.

Agreed. Personally, it interests me no more than driving a bus around a race course.

You've obviously never driven a bus around a race course!

(No passengers, of course.)

I had a lt of fun with (for instance) the Aerosoft Airbus X and the PMDG 737NGX, but yes, it was like playing a completely different game. You like it or you don't. However, that was part of the fun of previous FS versions: the diversity and possibility to do anything you liked to do when it came to flying. Flight is totally geared towards GA. No problem for me, because I like GA most, but I can understand that some people would love to see a big airliner in Flight...! I also doubt that will happen: not soon at least, that's for sure.

Push a botton and go from point A to point B and auto land, no thanks

hello

Do you really think that is all there is to it ?

You have really been missing out.

Flight is a great sim for GA flying, but before jetliners they first should add more flying space (we don't know how big Alaska will be). I like flying (classic) jetliners and millitary fighters in FSX, and doing some missions in flight. I am using and enjoying both of them!

I would love to see Flight fleshed out with more variety in air-operations, not so much for my own use, but simply so Flight might attract a wider audience. Meaning, more funding for further expansion, which will also lead to improvements and additions in the GA arena which interests me.

I liked the Red Bull Air Race challenges in FSX, they should add these elements! People like beating each other online.

Flight is a great sim for GA flying, but before jetliners they first should add more flying space (we don't know how big Alaska will be).

Sure we do. "Over 1.5 million square kilometers (~600,000 square miles) of captivating scenery", according to Microsoft.

Oops, I've forgotten to read some older news updates.....

1.5 millions square kilometers should be enough for at least a turboprop!

I wonder if they want to take this direction, Flight has some great potential.

Alaska is seriously big. It covers 17 Sectional charts. :Shocked:

If they do the entire state, with all 300 or so well-documented fields, with longer-haul Jobs between the bigger airports, a fast twin or at least a single turboprop will be needed.

Something like a Caravan would be the minimum with Alaska. I think they will still hold off on the larger, faster planes for a while, though, building up through a logical progression of growth.

I liked the Red Bull Air Race challenges in FSX, they should add these elements! People like beating each other online.

I hope they do some work on multiplayer lag, first.

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

You've obviously never driven a bus around a race course!

True -- but I've driven a Mazda RX-8 around race courses. And buses typically understeer like a b*stard. :lol:

I hope they do some work on multiplayer lag, first.

I think that's going to be a big driver for future changes -- every change they make has to take into account the impact on multiplayer sessions.

Alaska has so much potential for different types of flying. My first thought was shuttling along the coast between the port towns in a fashion similar to how I'm doing jobs in Hawaii. I'm just now getting a decent feel for all the paved strips in Hawaii. Alaska will take forever to master.

I enjoy all types of Aircraft, looking forward to when Flight "comes of age" and has a good piece of the earth, a few big un's few turbo's gliders, choppers and maybe even eccentric birds like NASA X-series!

... Not that I can fly chopper of course!

... Not that I can fly chopper of course!

But I'm gonna have fun crashing the hell out of them all the same! ; )