Sign in to follow this  
ilovetofly

Problem with MCE's FSinsider.dll

I updated the installation today just to make sure. When I have the dll, my sim creeps to a crawl when loading and when I try to select a different aircraft from the "Create Flight" page, it freezes for about a minute before loading the 'Select Aircraft' page. Without it, sim loads quickly and so does the 'Select Aircraft' page. It may be causing some other anomolies that I see, but I need to test those out first before listing them.

I just did a time test with and without FSinsider.dll with FS9 and the results for loading are as follows:

With dll:

Launch to the Create Flight page: 2:04

Create Flight to Select Aircraft page: 1:30

Without dll:

Launch to Create Flight page: 0:12

Create to Select Aircraft page: 0:02

Both cases I ran as administrator.

Now why would the dll cause such a delay? This 'crawling' has been occurring for quite awhile now. I didn't realize that the problem was due to the fsinsider.dll from MCE after reinstalling the latest version. I hope MCE can correct it.

I'll send the results directly to MCE support as well. I appreciate any observations.

p.s. It does solve the FMC problem though I was having with the iFLY 737 with Feature Pack.

Thanks for your input.

Jim D.

Hi Jim,

I believe you already have had a reply from the FS++ team. How did it go.

Suggest everyone does the following if having a similar issue

Perform a fresh Windows start.

Remove fsInsider.dll from the sim you want to test. (from \FSX\ folder or \FS9\Modules\ folder)

Start FSX or FS9, and measure the time it takes to get to the opening screen.

Shut down the simulator.

Put the dll back, then restart the same simulator, and time it.

See what you can come up with.

The second start of the same program is always going to be faster than the first start following a Windows start. This even applies to Microsoft Word, Excel, Photoshop. etc...

The FS++ team

Clive Joy

beta.gif

Posted Image

Load time problem has been solved thanks to the people at MCE. They suggested that I check to see if the "Run this program in compatability mode" was checked, and it was. By unchecking it the load times are now about 24 secs. from Launch to Create Flight and 7 secs. to get to the "select aircraft" screen. Slightly a little longer than without the dll but a whole lot better.

Jim D.

Jim,

Glad to hear you're now up and running

Clive Joy

beta.gif

Posted Image

Hello,

I bought MCE just 2 days ago and have the same issue. Loading times are as described above. I´am running a Windows XP system. What exactly means "Run this program in compatability mode" - I think this is Windows 7 specific? Is there a solution for XP?

Thank you for any help,

Kurt

Hello,

I bought MCE just 2 days ago and have the same issue. Loading times are as described above. I´am running a Windows XP system. What exactly means "Run this program in compatability mode" - I think this is Windows 7 specific? Is there a solution for XP?

Thank you for any help,

Kurt

Hi Kurt,

It's probably a different issue from the one entioned above.

There is no such thing as "run FSX or FS9 in compatibility mode".

Suggest you make sure you're logged-in as administrator, and set "fsx.exe" and /or "fs9.exe" to run as admin.

What anti-virus, anti-malware are you running? It's possible, one of these is trying to block fsInsider.dll when the simulator is trying to load the dll.

Hi,

thank you for the quick response. I will try to set fsinsider.dll onto the list of trustable files in Kaspersky AntiVirus and test it in FS9, my favorite simulator. I mean, MCE simply needs pretty much time to load at the moment - then everything runs perfect. So, if there is no solution, I only have to wait a little longer, until FS9 starts - not really a problem for me.