Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

pwscott

Weird FSX Screen - 'Dis-em-aircrafted' Pilot

After flying my Lancair at KJAC I ended the flight and this is the screen I returned to. A pilot sitting in space and spinning. Weird huh? Occasionally I will get a skeletal aircraft here too....any pointers? All is OK if I quit FSX and re-launch.

(I attached the file because I couldn't figure out how to create a gallery and my link to BBcode at Flickr didn't seem to work either)

Philip Scott

file.php?id=1003

Unsure whether it applies to the preview page Philip, but do you have the HighMemfix in your cfg? If not, then I suggest you add it... HIGHMEMFIX=1 in [GRAPHICS] section

Howard
P3DV4.5, MSFS2020, MSI Mag Z490 Tomahawk MB, i7-10700 CPU @ 5ghz, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb RAM@3200Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Western Digital 1Tb HD + Storage, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, PFC Yoke, MFG Crosswind rudder pedals, CPlight MCP, Virtual Fly TQ.

Banner_FS2Crew_Supporter.jpg

Just added it and will see if it prevents this. Have not done much cfg file tweaking beyond what the online tool did for me.

Thanks. Will let you know.

Philip Scott

file.php?id=1003

I think you'll find that will have cured it. Keep us posted...

Howard
P3DV4.5, MSFS2020, MSI Mag Z490 Tomahawk MB, i7-10700 CPU @ 5ghz, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb RAM@3200Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Western Digital 1Tb HD + Storage, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, PFC Yoke, MFG Crosswind rudder pedals, CPlight MCP, Virtual Fly TQ.

Banner_FS2Crew_Supporter.jpg

sitting and spinning.

Finally a graphic representation to the old expression, lol. Sorry couldnt resist, hope you get it solved.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

So far has not recurred under various conditions. Thanks.

I think you'll find that will have cured it. Keep us posted...

Philip Scott

file.php?id=1003

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.
  • Donation Goals

AVSIM's 2020 Fundraising Goal

Donate to our annual general fundraising goal. This donation keeps our doors open and providing you service 24 x 7 x 365. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. We reset this goal every new year for the following year's goal.

40%
    $10,070.00 of $25,000.00 Donate Now