Sign in to follow this  
Chock

A quick fly by of Pro ATC

Guest firehawk44

The 1029 patch has been released.

Best regards,

Jim

Guest firehawk44

I had no problems with patch 1029. I flew the whole route from Lisbon to Brussels w/o incident. ProATC is working great for me.

Best regards,

Jim

No matter who writes a program of this complexity, it is impossible to see all the possibilities, loopholes, and caveats beforehand. However, you're more likely to have the sort of people working on it that can fix any problems when they arise. No panic.

Steve Waite: Engineer at codelegend.com

Ok tested with patch 1029.

Here's what has happened.The other day i created a flightpplan lppt-ebbr with software vs1028.No matter what I did ,if I used proatc, the sim would freeze around the NEA area.If i flew the route without proatc the sim was fine-

Today I updated the soft to vs 1029 _but_ I used the flightplan I created with VS 1028 with VS 1029. Result ? The sim froze around the NEA area.

What I then did was as follows.I shut down the sim with task manager. I exited proatc.I fired up proatc again and deleted the lppt-ebbr f-plan I used before. I exited proatc, restarted proatc and created a fresh flight plan.And took off.

Result ?

Success !!! Actually partial success.The program did not freeze my fsx but when I was close to EBBR atc gave me the runway to use but then would not let me descend below 13,000 and then after awhile it went silent.

So re the freezing:it's obvious that my sim was fine and it was proact vs1028 that caused the sim to hang.

To make a long story short if any of you can't get this software to work do not get discouraged if/when/in case you are told that your system might be to blame.Just keep testing and who knows the gurus are maybe/prob wrong again.

Hello guys!, I really appreciate you guys testing this program, I really do. I’ve been following this thread every day! I'm looking at getting this but I'm still on the fence due to the issues. I can’t afford to spend that kind of $$ if this addon is broken or will not be supported.

So, is it safe to buy yet?...lol or should I wait a few more months until they can get rid of all the bugs and implement the new features you guys requested like the import flight plans, etc?

Again, I applaud you guys for not giving up. I too want this to be a success. Competition is good.

peace

Hello. For me, PRO ATC is an fantastic addon. Very good ambiance !!!

It's right, there are some bugs and many things to improve (Management for meteo addons, AFCAD addons, network, AIRACS update from Navigraph for example ...)

But the developpers seem to work very hard to improve their software. and there are really less bugs now

I'm finally very happy to help them by purchased the addon adn of use it of course. Even if I had prefered the the software was really finished before.

Luc

o, is it safe to buy yet?...lol or should I wait a few more months until they can get rid of all the bugs and implement the new features you guys requested like the import flight plans, etc?

I would wait if I were you.I think this software is beta at best.You could buy it,try it and ask for a refund if you are not happy.I keep testing it again and again and they fix one issue and create another.pff

Sure is getting a lot of attention

What is holding me back is that I like to fly to/from medium and small airports, some without established or supported STAR/SID. In such cases I guess ProATC would just not initiate, making it rather limited in usefulness for most of my flights>?

example CYQM to CYBC

or KHQM to CYYJ

Guest firehawk44

In such cases I guess ProATC would just not initiate, making it rather limited in usefulness for most of my flights>?

I just made flightplans for both examples. If you can make a flightplan, you can fly the route with ProATC. Most likely you'll have a SID/STAR then landing but your examples had at least one waypoint showing in-between.

To make a long story short if any of you can't get this software to work do not get discouraged if/when/in case you are told that your system might be to blame.Just keep testing and who knows the gurus are maybe/prob wrong again.

Glad to hear you got an almost successful flight. That is a long flight and the longest one I have ever taken since taking up flight simming in the mid-90's. Making a new flightplan shouldn't have made any difference. I noticed though that your 1028 flightplan was slightly modified by you as I tried to replicate it and decided just to take one of the existing ProATC flightplans with NEA in the mix. As I stated above, I flew all the way yesterday and had no issues whatsoever. ATC brought me down to the approach and I landed on the dime. Only issue I had was the fact a Belgium 737 got clearance from someone to line up on the runway while I was only 2 miles out. This is exactly what the default ATC does to me most of the time. Then the default tells me to go around. (It's almost as if this is a game....)! :lol: The aircraft took off and I was able to land w/o incident though. Again, I do not know why you lost ATC around FL130 and I didn't. I had real world weather plugged in and had outstanding FPS (over 100 in wing view) all the way from takeoff to landing. Again, I think your FSX settings are too high for your system.

So, is it safe to buy yet?...lol or should I wait a few more months until they can get rid of all the bugs and implement the new features you guys requested like the import flight plans, etc?

I think the program is in very good shape as you can get ATC from gate departure to landing without any problems. In between you have the ATC ambience which works very good. I bought the Ralph Zimmerman's ATC files for around $20 and they work great for me in the US/Canada. ProATC has great background ATC for the UK, and other European regions. So it's working great and can only get better when they add any new features. As MindYerBeak stated above though, you might run into an issue occasionally but, for me, it's running without any problems now. I do have a pretty powerful system though. Another week or two might be the wise thing to do especially if you have an issue with the price of the product.

Best regards,

Jim

I just made flightplans for both examples. If you can make a flightplan, you can fly the route with ProATC. Most likely you'll have a SID/STAR then landing but your examples had at least one waypoint showing in-between.

I was of the impression that a SID and a STAR were manditory in order for ProATC to initialise and complete its activities .

al

Guest firehawk44

Hi Al,

I will try to fly one of the routes. It does provide SID/STARS but think ATC improvises. If you can prepare and save a flightplan, you should be okay but I'll test one just to be sure.

Best regards,

Jim

Jim,

It's good to know it works fine for you.I just wish there more people happy with proatc other than you, the dev and other few lucky ones.

Again, I think your FSX settings are too high for your system.

Are you assuming my settings are too high because I have issues with the software or because you know what my system specs are ?

I would wait if I were you.I think this software is beta at best.You could buy it,try it and ask for a refund if you are not happy.I keep testing it again and again and they fix one issue and create another.pff

Thanks for the reply MindYerBeak, Yea, I'll wait a bit more like you said, I'll be following this thread to see how you guys do.

Thanks again!!

peace

I think the program is in very good shape as you can get ATC from gate departure to landing without any problems. In between you have the ATC ambience which works very good. I bought the Ralph Zimmerman's ATC files for around $20 and they work great for me in the US/Canada. ProATC has great background ATC for the UK, and other European regions. So it's working great and can only get better when they add any new features. As MindYerBeak stated above though, you might run into an issue occasionally but, for me, it's running without any problems now. I do have a pretty powerful system though. Another week or two might be the wise thing to do especially if you have an issue with the price of the product.

Best regards,

Jim

Thanks Jim, much appreciate the reply. I think I'll wait a bit more to see how you and MindYerBeak progress. I really appreciate the testing you guys are doing, you guys that brought the addon should get a refund from the developer for testing the software or a least a discount.

peace

Guest firehawk44

I was of the impression that a SID and a STAR were manditory in order for ProATC to initialise and complete its activities .

al

Okay, Al. Just flew the Bowerman to Victoria flight and had ProATC all the way from departures to landing. I was approved for approach via the Disco1 arrival. So it works. I did have an issue getting it started though. The first time I tried, no ATC when I requested clearance. Closed ProATC and started up again and activated the route and this time ATC kicked in and provided clearance for pushback, etc. This flight was actually interesting to me as ProATC automatically set me at FL200 and good thing too as the route took me directly over one heck of a large mountain. Did it all in the default B737.

Are you assuming my settings are too high because I have issues with the software or because you know what my system specs are ?

I have no idea what your system specs are. I'm talking about FSX settings. This might have caused ProATC to stop responding after FL130 as it could have been looking for additional system resources. As I stated, it worked for me all the way to landing with the co-pilot in control. There has to be a logical reason why I was successful and you weren't and we both were using the same version of ProATC.

Best regards,

Jim

OK for that segment but if there were no STAR at arrival, would Pro-ATC work?