Sign in to follow this  
severniae

Getting the trim right...

Hi All,

How does one trim the X?

Just wanted to ask fellow Eaglesoft Cessna Citation X 2.0 drivers how they manage to trim their aircraft properly?

I have massive problems with it, especially at altitude. I have the trim set up on my Saitek yoke two buttons on the left hand side. When at altitude just a very quick tap of the button can almost send the aircraft into a nose dive!

Also it seems related to the trim - on a cruise at the moment at FL470 at m.857 - And its just not stable in pitch at all - what am i doing wrong? it seems to oscillate between 1 - 2 degrees up and down constantly and I can see the stab trim trimming up and down constantly in the display.... Something I've done wrong?

Thanks,

James

James W

Banner_FS2Crew_Supporter.jpg

I don't think it would. Real trim is more for trimming the aircraft during manual flight. The oscillations sound like the autopilot is too aggressive in adjusting for deviations while holding altitude. The folks at the Eaglesoft support forums should be able to help you out.

Yeah thought so. Whilst it does sound like a good addon for GA flying not sure as to its application with the heavier jets...

Are there any other Eaglesoft Citation X 750 owners on here who have the same problem? I'd be keen to see how others handle the trim and also if they get the oscillations..

Thanks,

James

James W

I'm just wondering - is it possible theres a configuration problem on my system where the trim is too sensitive? Can't imagine it should be this way...

James W

Airplanes oscillate like you are describing if they are flying at or near their service ceiling. Try flying at FL 410 instead and see if the flight dynamics are any better.

I'll give it a go - The Citation X is certified to FL510 so at 470 should be well away from its celing.

The only other problem is the trim even when manual flying is far too sensitive - and cant figure out why.

James W

Hmm tried all suggestions here and from people in the egosoft forums. Currently trying a flight at FL410 - M.880 on the clock and she's definately oscillating +/- 1Degree - And trime moving between position 4 - 0 constantly.... Can't see anything I believe to have done wrong....

Anyone have any ideas, or overcame this problem?

James W

Try adjusting trim in the aircraft.cfg:

elevator_trim_effectiveness = 1 (just an example, you might have another number other than 1)

maybe .5 would work better.

Randall

I did try that mod already, however it made manual flying difficult - basically made the trim too unresponsive!

James W

Doing a little research - It looks like its phugoid oscillations - However it seems to be completely independant of altitude or speed or weather. Tried this in a mixture of environments and it just seems.....odd!

Other oddities; At one point I was unable to set anything other than 10's on the course selector and one press of the trim button sent it flying. Then for no reason at all on approach my ability to dial a single digit at a time returned and trim started behaving!!! I need help.... Hopefully not professional mental help if this carries on!! haha

James W

Well still got the phugoids - Almost sounds nasty!

FL370 this time - no problems holding straight and level in manual flight but as soon as the AP engaged in alt mode up down up down up down - I've tried clear weather, hot weather, cold weather, many options in FSUIPC, nothing works!! Does everyone have this problem with the CItation X????

even the people who made the plane seem a bit stumped so anyone here want to be my savoir?

James W

For testing purposes, have you tried turning weather completely off? (clear skies)

Noah Bryant