Sign in to follow this  
Dillon

How do you get TrackIR to work?

I can't get TrackIR to work in Flight after installing the latest update. Any advice would be helpful...

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

Check for updates through the TrackIR software as well (it's up in the top right of Track IR5). I checked this morning and there was an update that added Microsoft Flight to the titles list.

had this first too. you need to start the TrackIR GUI first and THEN Flight. Then it worked right away for me. First I had Flight already running and started TrackIR w/o success...

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"

So it doesn't work with TrackIR Software version 4.1.038?

FS2020 

+

Dillon

Hello

I have it working with 4.1.038

You need to check for game updates from the TrackIr software, It will then update your game list with an entry for MS Flight!

Then just assign your favourite profile to MS Flight! as normal

who said so? start TIR, update the profiles as there is indeed a Flight profile and then start Flight. does it work?

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"

I got it working... The whole sim is on another level now... :Party:

Bring on Alaska!!!

FS2020 

Congrats. Yes it is really great with TiR. And looking around is amazingly smooth. Much much better than in fsx. For me at least. Also it keeps the center much better somehow. In fsx I had to re-center quite often which let me not use TiR too often. But now, what a great immersion. Thanks MS. Glad that you listened. Now just don't stop to listen please.

Phil Leaven

Check for updates through the TrackIR software as well (it's up in the top right of Track IR5). I checked this morning and there was an update that added Microsoft Flight to the titles list.

EDIT: this is what got mine working, the software update to v4.1.038. Thanks!!!

had this first too. you need to start the TrackIR GUI first and THEN Flight. Then it worked right away for me. First I had Flight already running and started TrackIR w/o success...

True, I also noticed this. In FSX you could fire up TIR anytime you wanted but with Flight you have to start TIR first. Probably because it isn't using Simconnect...?

I just got my TrackIR 5 delivered. I installed it and it is running but I can see that I have to change the default centering and Pause keys. So far the TrackIR driver has taken over a bunch of the Function Keys (F9 and F12) and the F7 keys is not working either.

Exactly what have you guys done to make TrackIR work with Flight?

Thanks

Brian

use keys aou are not using in Flight, i use PG Up PG Down and END Keys and a joystick button for pause for example.

I set the TrackIR centering function to one of my joystick buttons, but it's been so solid that I rarely need to recenter it.

It's also stable enough that I haven't even configured the pause function to anything. I can manage all the cockpit controls with the mouse just fine with TIR still running.

Hello

All i needed to do was run the games update function from the trackir software.

Map the center function to a joystick/yoke button, you will use this quite often.

Map the pause function to a mouse button, makes selecting things in the VC easier

Thanks for the help

But, by default, TrackIR 5 takes over F7,F8, F9 and F12. So far, I have assigned the F9 and F12 function of pause and center to joystick buttons. I also have unchecked the ENABLE check box for the precision and profile functions using F7 and F8.

I am now trying to make the motions smoother and non-linear. Have any of you tried to modify the "smooth" profile to get more natural movement. So far, I can slow it down but that changes the amount of movement as well. I will have to study how to shape the curves to create full movement but lots of non-linear response effect.

Brian