Sign in to follow this  
Pete491

Reality XP 530 Install

Guys,

I just got a new pc and needed to reinstall my 530. I followed all the directions to reinstall. Got a new key, downloaded the file, got install complete message, clicked "Finish" and got the configuration screen. Selected the PT46, took all the defaults and applied. I did'nt get anymore prompts so closed the config app.

Kicked off XP, selected the PT46 and....nothing. The standard GNS530 was still there. I've been through this process 3 times with the same result. I'm probably doing something wrong.

Ideas?

Thanks!!

Did you run the Carenado Car_XP configuration app for the PT46?

Bert

You're right Bert. I forgot this step. All is OK.

One other thing. I need the 20 flight plans for the 530 that are in my old PC. Can't find them. Do you know which directory they are in?

Thanks!

Do you know which directory they are in?

I too would like that information!

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

The RXP stuff doesn't save actual flight plan files, but the state of the gauge, so to speak. Find the mem files at own documents folder\rxpGnsSim\Nonvol. I've never moved them from one PC to another, but it should work. Just backup your current mem file for e.g. the 530 (gnsw_530.mem) and replace it with the one from the other PC.

If your sim crashes, just revert back. Also, if the file should get corrupted for whatever reason, just delete it and the next FSX start with a RXP plane will generate a new one.

Nope, did'nt work. I'll have to enter them manually.

It would sure be great if you could import flight plans into your GNS530. Since you can export FLT's I'm sure it's possible. It's a pain to enter them manually but worth it. You really can't do much instrument flying with the standard 530.

If you have any consistencies in your flight plan routes you can save time by copying already stored flight plans within RXP and then editing the copies. Perhaps that's more relevant for me since I live near the coastline on the east coast. I do most of my flying out of Easton-Newnan, KESN, in Easton, Md. I usually steer clear of the Washington, DC controlled airspace, so many of my routes funnel through Patuxent, Va., PXT VOR, thence. From there when I head out to the mid-west my next few fixes are usually the same. Also holds true for most of my routes to the south. I have in the past also copied a flight plan before using the reverse plan feature as the waypoints in the return route may vary somewhat from the original. That leaves the original plan intact for future use.

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

It would sure be great if you could import flight plans into your GNS530. Since you can export FLT's I'm sure it's possible.

Unfortunately, no... there are things in nature that are not reversible... as in the saying:

"You cannot put the toothpaste back into the tube.." :sad:

Bert

Actually the flight planning web site I use has added a feature that allows plans from their site to be UL to a memory device to be transferred to a Garmin GPS, 430 and 530 included. Would be great if someone wrote an app to inject them into the RPX/Garmin trainer in FSX!

What is especially nice is that on the site you can configure plans based on V and J airways, with an entry point and exit point, and it pulls the interim waypoints into the flight plan.

Frank Patton
ASUS