Sign in to follow this  
rfelger

Electric Hyd Pump Overheat

Greetings, recently i have been having issues with my electric Hydro Pumps overheating on the ground and when in flight. I cleared all failures in PMDG setup and i have failures to OFF. Is there a corrrect procedure i should be folllowing as far as when the pumps should be turned on or off?

Thanks!

Rob Felger

UPS123.png

You need to let the cool for awhile. Not sure the length of time, I could never get them to cool myself.

When I ran into this problem, the only way to clear it was to start a new flight from cold and dark.

Noah Bryant

You need to let the cool for awhile. Not sure the length of time, I could never get them to cool myself.

When I ran into this problem, the only way to clear it was to start a new flight from cold and dark.

Thanks, yes i noticed after i turned them off they never cooled off either. Ill try resetting to cold & dark, thanks for your help!

Rob Felger

UPS123.png

Check the QRH

ye,s i did check QRH, all it says is to shut off affected side. Doesnt say what is causing it or why it is happeniing all the time now. Thanks though!

Rob Felger

UPS123.png

Do you have enough fuel in the main tanks?

Yes plenty in the mains, the center is empty though the last time it happened

UPS123.png

You have an old ngx version wich saves the old fuel temperature I believe. hyd overheat is a problem solved lot of patches ago when they fixed fuel temperature.

If you have more than 760kgs of fuel in each wing you will never experience that problem in normal condition.

Regards

Andrea Daviero

You have an old ngx version wich saves the old fuel temperature I believe. hyd overheat is a problem solved lot of patches ago when they fixed fuel temperature.

If you have more than 760kgs of fuel in each wing you will never experience that problem in normal condition.

Thanks, but i just bought mine a few months ago and have installed the SP 1 c pack. i changed liveries to see if that will stop it or not

Rob Felger

UPS123.png

I believe you are supposed to turn off the center tank fuel pumps about the 500-560 kg mark to keep enough fuel in them to keep em cool. I have never had this happen to me so never really checked this one out.

Regards

5800X3D - Strix X570-E - 32GB 3600Mhz DDR4 - ASUS TUF 6900XT- Samsung 980 Pro x2                                                     

Fuel has nothing to with an overheating hydraulic pump, you might have to repair it after landing (via FMS).

Fuel has nothing to with an overheating hydraulic pump, you might have to repair it after landing (via FMS).

Fuel helps keep them cool.

The last pmdg version is supplied with automatic center tank pump shut down when fuel is going to be low.

The pmdg simulates fuel/hyd heat exchanger as in the real life and this means that wing tank fuel quantity must not drop under 760kgs. Center tank and fuel pumps has nothing to do with this.

The 737, and some other aircrafts, is equipped with an heat exchanger mounted in the bottom of the wing tank wich cool the hydraulic fluid and warm the fuel in the main tanks. The heat exchangers cool the pump case drain lines.

If you make a search in the forum, it was discussed long time ago.

Now, check your fuel temperature, if it is high also your hyd temp will be high, check fuel qty as more than 2 minutes under 760kg per wing will heat the pumps and overheat the system.

A screenshot of the overhead (where the fuel temp is) will help to understand if it is the problem.

Regards

Andrea Daviero