Sign in to follow this  
gwtkemble

Casual player to a Hardcore Player

I am a casual flight sim player who has no prior knowledge or experience with flying real airplanes. I don't own the expanded version of Hawaii or the Alaska DLC but I sure do have a fun time enjoying what I do have so far! My question to the community is:

1. Do you know anyone who streams themselves playing Microsoft Flight?

2. Do YOU stream Microsoft Flight? Please post a link here!

I would love to see someone who has the expanded content and the knowledge of flight who just does their thing while allowing others to watch. The pilot could throw out little tips for anything he/she does and why they do/have to do what they are doing e.g. so they don't die! That way people like me, the grounded, can experience game areas and game knowledge that isn't possessed yet.

Let me know your thoughts on this or if it was a dumb idea.

P.S. I ask this because other games I play (D3, LoL, etc...) have HUGE stream followers where one person will have 20,000 people watching them just play their game. This allows me to see different ideas and to pick up new tips if I don't have the skill or knowledge to figure it out on my own.

Do you mean specifically for Flight? You could just watch FSX videos - especially as FLIGHT is much less comprehensive anyway so a FSX vid would cover loads that should help you in FLIGHT

OfficialSignature-1.jpg

I suspect the only way to do that is get into multi-player and find someone who knows what they're doing and hope they'll talk you through it. I'm more than happy to do that when someone asks, although it is quite difficult from outside the plane.

What streaming service do they use? Ustream? I'd guess the audience will be a little smaller than for some BF3 hero!

I know when I stream I use twitch or justin.tv

Do you mean specifically for Flight? You could just watch FSX videos - especially as FLIGHT is much less comprehensive anyway so a FSX vid would cover loads that should help you in FLIGHT

I was specifically looking towards Microsoft Flight but I will look at the FSX videos. I assume I just google that?

I figured most people wouldn't want to help in-game and thats why I thought a stream would be nice. You just do what you do and people can enjoy your flight. That way you don't have to babysit someone when all you wanted to do was fly.

http://www.flyaoamedia.com/

you can check out the "Aviator 90" video course here as well. If you're interested at all in taking flight simulation seriously these are a good basic starting spot. and unlike the rest of the courses it's free. It is geared towards FSX/FS2004 so there may be a good deal of things that flight doesn't have yet. Now this is more like "flight school" than just watching somebody fly, so it may be more hardcore than you are looking for, but it may be a help. lots of FS vids on the youtube as well.

http://www.fsbreak.net/ streams podcast's that focus on flight simming and I like watching the show.

Thanks I will check it out.

http://www.flyaoamedia.com/

you can check out the "Aviator 90" video course here as well. If you're interested at all in taking flight simulation seriously these are a good basic starting spot. and unlike the rest of the courses it's free. It is geared towards FSX/FS2004 so there may be a good deal of things that flight doesn't have yet. Now this is more like "flight school" than just watching somebody fly, so it may be more hardcore than you are looking for, but it may be a help. lots of FS vids on the youtube as well.

It sounds a little bit more hardcore than I currently want but you never know unless you jump :) I'll check it out as well thank you.