Sign in to follow this  
glad62

Standard.xml not in my P3D root!

I am about to launch into a heap of dabbles in order to get a new switch panel up and running.

I think I am correct in saying that in FSX, the Standard file in User/.../.... is the one to modify/backup because another one in Program Files/...../FSX is used as the resource to re-recreate the former if there is a problem somewhere.

I have messed successfully with P3D's user/....Standard file but can't find anything in Program Files/...../Prepar3d.

Is there now only the one? Does not sound right if so!

There is only the one file in your ..\Users folder. As you should always, keep your own backup copy in case of trouble.. B)

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Thanks Fr. Bill

So I think I can now say P3D is like FSX but different. Your response will probably save me alot of heart ache down the track. I'll now have to test that p3d.cfg will rebuild itself.....like before.

Thanx again. :P

There is only the one file in your ..\Users folder. As you should always, keep your own backup copy in case of trouble.. B)

Bill - can you clarify please - in FSX the standard.xml in the root folder was used to create the default standard.xml in the Users folder and was the respoitory for the default devices so that when you plugged in a new device it would take that data and put it in the users standard.xml. If there is only one in P3d, where does P3d get the default settings for the various devices?

Thanx,

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

That's it exactly Vic. I wasn't game to ask again.

Hope somebody responds to this query as it seems to be a signficant departure.

Are you talking about the Standard.XML? Which is for the controls? If so, I dont see it in my P3D either! Ahhh its in the Appdata\Lockheed Martin\Controls file. Different than FSX! LM moved it!

Are you talking about the Standard.XML? Which is for the controls? If so, I dont see it in my P3D either! Ahhh its in the Appdata\Lockheed Martin\Controls file. Different than FSX! LM moved it!

Yes and no - that's the one that is generated (in FSX) from the main one in the FSX root folder. So, in FSX there are two - one contains all the default controller settings and the other is for the specific user. In P3D there appears to be only one.

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

Could it be this file?... standard.xmlx. Its in the same folder as the standard.xml. Drop the x in the extension and open it. Looks like it might be what you guys are looking for but then again maybe not.

You are quite right ctec1.

I just deleted Standard.xml and started p3d and it fired up with default key assignments after recreating the .xml file, assumedly, from the .xmlx file.

Having these two files in the same directory and using a name change is the FSX departure.

Caution all cockpit builders.

Well, it does make it easier to work with. In FSX, I would use that file to create MY default settings for a controller. that way, if something happened, I'd just delete the user standard.xml and it would rebuild using my defaults. Same concept should work I'd think.

Vic