Sign in to follow this  
Scott - A2A

Flight cancelled, Flight Simulator X remains strong

Flight was an unabashed...

-snip-

...nervous excitement!

That is actually a really good post with some very good questions, and one I think a lot of us would be interested in hearing the answers for.

Hello

If you guys could hold on for a minute while I grab some popcorn and a beer,

This one should be worth watching :fool:

Wait for me........... popcorn.gif

Flight was an unabashed betrayal to third party developers from the very beginning. So yes, Tom, I'm directly questioning where your loyalties truly lay, to the developers who buy adverstising space on your website, or to a large, greedy corporation with a harebrained scheme to make a quick buck with a third rate simulation product. It's rather telling that yours was literally the only mainstream website to eagerly endorse this whole Flight fiasco, whilst the developers who for so long were your bread and butter here were cast off from Microsoft like lepers when they did not play ball with Gates and Company, Inc.

Robert Randazzo was among the few developers to stand up publicly before now and give Microsoft the verbal beatdown they so richly deserved regarding the constraints and profiteering of the proposed Flight business model. MIcrosoft's stance was essentially, "You make the bread, and we'll eat it". His sentiments were readily echoed by Aerosoft, and now most recently by Scott Gentile of A2A. Each of the these developers detailed how Microsoft approached them, made absolutely unacceptable offers for contractual contributions to Flight, and then cut them off promptly when these developers did not kneel down and bow their heads.

How much have PMDG, Aerosoft, and A2A contributed to AVSIM's advertising revenue over the years Tom? One would think you'd demonstrate some kind of support to these small companies in light of this, but an all-expenses paid trip to Seattle and a little wining and dining on Ace's credit card won you over to Microsoft without so much as a blink of an eye. You've always been arrogant and hyper-egostical Allensworth, but this was a new low, even for you. Maybe Microsoft made you an offer you couldn't refuse and you DID play ball under those circumstances. A strange, inexplicable relationship to say the least, but oh well.

By the way, Tom, you've actually met me in person. We had a really good, extended conversation and talked about living in Virginia. :) Best of luck to you and I will be expecting a healthy forum ban now. Should I close my eyes and secure my loose change? This is my first ban anyplace and I'll admit I'm giddy with nervous excitement!

Save for the personal comments directed at Tom, this was a well crafted and reasonable reply. I always felt in the formidable moments of Flight!'s launch, Avsim was cheering with unusually large pom poms much to the chagrin and dismay of its partner sponsors who were effectively jettisoned from the title by MS. I am unsure of the motivations but the unbridled enthusiasm was on display for all to witness.

Ryan Kelly

Opinions are worth what they are worth. Nothing more.... I think AVSIM is probably one of the best things to happen for Flight Simulator fans.

In some deference to those bashing FSX as a poor platform, I would like to take exception. Most who are Flight fans would have newer computers and those should run FSX out of the box reasonably well. Learning to fly with a newer computer and a keyboard is not a lot of fun but may lead users upward to finding AVSIM and learning about yokes, pedals, throttles and payware. Flight may have done the FSX community some good.

Lets move forward with FSX as it will be here a long time.

Avsim has closed this thread as it contains libelous accusations and statements against the honesty, motivations and integrity of Tom Allensworth and Avsim in our treatment of MS Flight.

Any such statements of accusation, or agreement with the same within the Avsim forums will result in the immediate suspension or permanent banning of the poster without remedy.

We have issued a full statement on this matter which can be found at:

http://forum.avsim.n...vsim-integrity/

Kind regards,